Sailah

Stolen Silverhawk in Hyannis

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

I know I'm a n00b but a friend of mine keeps his Regulator 26 in Cotuit and I know Mike White being the launch driver in Cotuit.  Guess his sweet Silverhawk was stolen this morning in Hyannis.  Pretty boat and going to be hard to hide.  My friend told me that Mike restored it himself.

Keep an eye out please.  Thx.

Resized_S.jpg

3 mins ago, heyblue34 said:

Stolen or possibly repossessed? 

Can't say conclusively although based on my friends story it was stolen.  Don't think a lot of repossesors drive around with a Honda pilot as a tow rig.

6 mins ago, Sailah said:

Can't say conclusively although based on my friends story it was stolen.  Don't think a lot of repossesors drive around with a Honda pilot as a tow rig.

Oh I apologize I didn’t read the fb post. Safe to say that there is a camera with the car on tape. 

Just now, bob_G said:

I've been in a 26' Regulator.  I can't imagine towing one using a Honda Pilot.

Just to be clear, my good friend has the 26 Regulator, his good friend Mike has/had the red stolen Silverhawk.  I know Mike with the stolen boat but not that well.

Speaking of towing a 26' Regulator, we pulled his boat 3 weeks ago in Cotuit and towed it back to Hingham in a F150.  Brakes/grease caught fire about 2 miles before Sagamore bridge.  Clearly about the limit as to what a F150 can manage.  He towed it to FL and back last winter and said it was fine.  Surge brakes = not fun.

My friend told me that the boat was found.  When I asked for the back story he said:

"I'm hearing social media went nuts so the guy started to cut it up to get rid of it"

Will update when I have some more concrete details but man that must be a heartbreaker to restore a Silverhawk, have it stolen, then find out the thief was cutting it up because the rozzers were chasing him.  Since he only had a few hours, hopefully it's not too bad.

I can't argue with that.  Just passing on what I've been told.  I do know the owner and he's a straight shooter.  Pretty well known around Barnstable.  Hopefully when dust settles there's a reasonable explanation.

I'll check Barnstable police log tomorrow when it posts.  Don't mean to engage in speculation was just trying to help someone find their boat.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Well since i started this i might as well keep riding it out lol. 

Latest message from my buddy,  hopefully BPD corroborates the Facebook posts

FullSizeR.jpg

Edited by TimS
link

I hope the owner has good insurance. 
Are boat chop shops a common thing? What the hell was the thief going to do with the hull after he parted it out?