Phisherman

Skunked last two early AM outings...what gives?

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Been awhile since last post. Thanks to all for keeping the forum active. Skunked the past two early AM outings on foot, south shore, different spots Hull to Scituate, beaches and rocks, on the incoming.  Tried everything in the plug bag.  At one point had a guy on paddle board hovering over good sized fish telling me exactly where they were, couldn't get them to take anything.  How are you guys doing recently?

Not that this helps, but saw the birds working a huge school by the Hull municipal light plant. I couldn't figure out how to get close without cruising through someone's yard. Next time I head down there I'll bring a kayak with me, but will probably need to park at the Hingham ramp. All the parking in Hull has residents only signs everywhere. 

Down towards Marshfield duxbury Plymouth area the fish have been incredibly finicky. Fished in massive schools of blitzing fish to catch a handful in a few hours. On very small peanuts. Hope that helps

21 mins ago, bdowning said:

Putty and HanoverStriper fished the place out. Move on ! 

Mostly Putty, but true. No fish left on the South Shore. I hear the canal is hot though...

3 hours ago, johnysmoke said:

All the parking in Hull has residents only signs everywhere. 

Still? Shouldn't they really take it down since summer is over?

33 mins ago, HanoverStriper said:

Mostly Putty, but true. No fish left on the South Shore. I hear the canal is hot though...

Sure is...water's too warm for stripers. :shaky:

Try to keep your offerings simple and get them out at different depths: color, weight, profile. Don’t be afraid to invest in a fly rod when their on smaller bait: tying flies is a productive way to pass the time in the winter.

Have you tried fishing with a teaser?

16 hours ago, foxfai said:

Still? Shouldn't they really take it down since summer is over?

I was hoping it would open up a bit, but still lots of resident only parking signs everywhere. Out by the gut there were 30 minute parking signs. The big lots on the southern side of the beach were open, and the spots up to water street, but everything past that on Hull shore drive were blocked off. Probably not a great place to fish anyways, but I'm sure the surfers are not pleased. 

I'm sure if you look around there might be some parking further out, but Nantasket Ave had the resident parking signs out to where it becomes Fitzpatrick Way.

You guys are beautiful.  Putty/Hanover, if you're feeling generous, wouldn't mind a tip or two via PM on a couple of spots to try.  Got chased off a "private" beach yesterday, early AM, by a wonderfully disgruntled older gentleman. And here I was just trying to clear the head and enjoy the water...