Madmaxrhody254

YouTube bull

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

So I just watched a video of a guy fishing a spot I fish and happened to look at the comments. Tons of people asking where it is, oh I gotta get there. I mean I’ve scouted out that spot low tides slow days and people just expect to be handed locations?  What a load of crap. I know it’s a popular spot but it doesn’t need to be overcrowded by jerks who aren’t going to respect it. 

I posted a video of a secluded spot.....

no harm no foul because nobody knows it exists.. and couldn't be recognized.

When I replied to someone asking where it was...I replied I don't share locations to protect it's access and the resouse...

She said I was a white man holding people down.....and a selfish racist for doing so.

I screen shotted and posted her idiotic reply on my instagram for others to chew on.

Figured it was the right thing to do.

On 9/14/2020 at 8:41 PM, Madmaxrhody254 said:

So I just watched a video of a guy fishing a spot I fish and happened to look at the comments. Tons of people asking where it is, oh I gotta get there. I mean I’ve scouted out that spot low tides slow days and people just expect to be handed locations?  What a load of crap. I know it’s a popular spot but it doesn’t need to be overcrowded by jerks who aren’t going to respect it. 

This honestly sounds like a lotta localism surfer bulls^*t. 

15 mins ago, FlukeOff said:

This honestly sounds like a lotta localism surfer bulls^*t. 

Touche. all I’m saying is to clean up after yourselves. Was also a couple sheets to the wind when I wrote that. I stand by what I said though. 

One  video showed a famous land marked bridge.

Um my screen name...  lol, anyway the guy was catching fish and one of the comments were(where exactly is this spot I'd like to fish it)

I replied if you can't figure it out you need more help than knowing the exact spot!

Guys are lazy and want everything handed to them.

Once upon a time there was word of mouth. Then came magazines and news paper reports. Then cell phones that only made calls. Then cell phones with video and social media accounts. Now we have all of it and anyone can be a reporter and spread the information to a large audience in real time. 

Wonder what’s next?

just have to try and accept reality. Not much we can do about it. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have found from many years experience that if you fish a spot(s) that is more than a ten or fifteen minute walk from your parked vehicle you will most likely fish by yourself, even if said spot is a very good one. Most guys want to fall out of their cars to find fish. I have also realized that it is better to go fishing and make your own reports rather than depending on info from the many sources that are presently available to the striper fisherman. I cannot tell you how many times I have found fish and quietly stayed on them for days/nights before someone else showed up and fished the same location.

Edited by VanStaalSteve

3 hours ago, JimKu said:

Once upon a time there was word of mouth. Then came magazines and news paper reports. Then cell phones that only made calls. Then cell phones with video and social media accounts. Now we have all of it and anyone can be a reporter and spread the information to a large audience in real time. 

Wonder what’s next?

just have to try and accept reality. Not much we can do about it. 

Drones