scoobydoo

New 13 strand 12 + 1 gore fiber braid.....and it's not Suffix. 9/15 update

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

It's from the Chinesium company Seaknight.....

One of the craptacular companies that popped up on amazon.

A few people have been asking about their new Monster GW13 braid....and having had good success with hercules 8 strand...figured maybe all the chinesesium braid isn't garbage.

Well...

They're 2 for 2...ordered a 300 of 55lb and a 150 of 35lb...Both spools had blow outs, weld spots...and what looks like brown patches near the damaged spots....

And here's the best part..........They want to offer partial compensation...I was a second away from spitting out my coffee  all over my laptop screen when I read that.....(i was hoping that's where they were going when they asked if I could use the rest of the line)

I don't know of a single fishing line company.  That would only offer a partial refund for an out of the box obviously defective fishing line.  #wrongyour

(The dispute is still ongoing)

LOL

4seaknight.png

3seaknight.png

Update...........

It gets even better :) LMAO....where did they come up with offering 1/3 of the cost as a refund?   I love it!!!!!!

5seaknight.PNG

Edited by scoobydoo

I bought Fireline that had the same issue.  About 100 yards it was fused or joined.  Very disappointing but I got a full refund from Amazon 

Looks like the reply was kinda presumptuous to using “half the line” ie partial refund...seems like more an offer to me. I’d suggest just telling them flat out that you don’t want it and request a FULL refund. If you purchased with PayPal, should go smoothly

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

It's from the Chinesium company Seaknight.....

One of the craptacular companies that popped up on amazon.

A few people have been asking about their new Monster GW13 braid....and having had good success with hercules 8 strand...figured maybe all the chinesesium braid isn't garbage.

Well...

They're 2 for 2...ordered a 300 of 55lb and a 150 of 35lb...Both spools had blow outs, weld spots...and what looks like brown patches near the damaged spots....

And here's the best part..........They want to offer partial compensation...I was a second away from spitting out my coffee  all over my laptop screen when I read that.....(i was hoping that's where they were going when they asked if I could use the rest of the line)

I don't know of a single fishing line company.  That would only offer a partial refund for an out of the box obviously defective fishing line.  

(The dispute is still ongoing)

LOL

4seaknight.png

3seaknight.png

I don’t no why people buy that bulk cheap braid of any x4, x8, etc..oh I know Americans are addicted to cheap. Anyway just buy from a known company; daiwa j braid x8, sufix 832, tuf line xp. Plenty of options out there. Search this site for countless posts on braided lines. Buy a new line with the money you get back!!

1 hour ago, zcoker said:

Looks like the reply was kinda presumptuous to using “half the line” ie partial refund...seems like more an offer to me. I’d suggest just telling them flat out that you don’t want it and request a FULL refund. If you purchased with PayPal, should go smoothly

I gonna have fun......let them lead......beauty of it...it'll be in the review video

The fact they didn't offer an apology or a "company line" like  "we stand behind our product..we want to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase....is kind of weird for a 2020 chinesium product.

2 hours ago, Birdsnester said:

I bought Fireline that had the same issue.  About 100 yards it was fused or joined.  Very disappointing but I got a full refund from Amazon 

Fireline is a fused line. many like companies fuse sections together, some do it better then others. Buy from a known line company even though it’s Berkeley, they make other lines that work; pro spec, and x9

Posted (edited) · Report post

8 mins ago, hystyk1921 said:

I don’t no why people buy that bulk cheap braid of any x4, x8, etc..oh I know Americans are addicted to cheap. Anyway just buy from a known company; daiwa j braid x8, sufix 832, tuf line xp. Plenty of options out there. Search this site for countless posts on braided lines. Buy a new line with the money you get back!!

Not my first rodeo :) ....I have miles of the standard fare...(my favorites currently are PPSSV2 and Berkley x9 and x5 (x5 for weed whacking)..

I've been fishing for the past 6 months (and exposing shams like Beyond braid)  all the no name brands chinesium alibabazon braids.

Also been fishing the super premium lines like gosen and hitena. 

Hercules x8 in terms of the chinesium garbage lines.....really is actually quite nice.  Very J braid like on the water.

Bob the Garbage turned me onto it.

In terms of searches.....chances are...my videos come up first.

Finatic sent me some for review.....boy did that backfire.

Edited by scoobydoo

13 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Hercules x8 in terms of the chinesium garbage lines.....really is actually quite nice.  Very J braid like on the water.

Bob the Garbage turned me onto it.

My dad (who's addicted to chinesium garbage) gave me two spools of that braid and the wind knots I got were terrible.. did you try casting with it? Dad just drops lures straight down from the boat with a conventional reel so he doesn't care about wind knots but I found it unusable.

1 hour ago, jcberg said:

My dad (who's addicted to chinesium garbage) gave me two spools of that braid and the wind knots I got were terrible.. did you try casting with it? Dad just drops lures straight down from the boat with a conventional reel so he doesn't care about wind knots but I found it unusable.

Gotta watch when blaming braid for wind knots......

Think about it...What fault could the braid have?  Is round, flat, oval, square?  Is it a coarse textured 4 carrier or a 16 carrier hollow core?   Is it super limp that many love or wirey which many love too?  Or is it something inbetween? Which I prefer?

Does the line have coated sections and uncoated?  or a difference in coating per color?

Even that wouldn't cause wind knots on a reel that manages no stretch lines well.

How do so many people use such a variety of braids.....without issue....and some have issues with all but a few......even a defective spool wouldn't cause wind knots without there being something obvoiusly wrong with the line..like the fuzzballs in that finatic pro video.

I've yet to come across a braided line that caused wind knots.

What I can say is certain diameters don't lay well on certain reels.....Especially if not wound tight.

Wind knots are 95% a line management issue 

The remainder is a function of the reel.

I've seen thousands of people say exactly what you claim.....and when boiling it down....the one's I've spoken with..made adjustments...and it fixed the issue.

Mainly paying attention to tension...from the point the bail is closed and the retrieve starts.....to making sure no slack line loops develop and how to prevent them in the first place.

Casting on the hercules 30lb I've used has been perfectly fine.

Nanofil would occasionally get a loose wrap (not over the spool...just a loose coil when reeling in slack)

Fluffy weaves do have a tendency to dig in

2 hours ago, hystyk1921 said:

Fireline is a fused line. many like companies fuse sections together, some do it better then others. Buy from a known line company even though it’s Berkeley, they make other lines that work; pro spec, and x9

This was pretty bad IMO.  The pic below is what I sent to amazon 

10B3A6C6-F4DC-454A-B5FB-3A59073A9E08.jpeg

7 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Gotta watch when blaming braid for wind knots......

Think about it...What fault could the braid have?  Is round, flat, oval, square?  Is it a coarse textured 4 carrier or a 16 carrier hollow core?   Is it super limp that many love or wirey which many love too?  Or is it something inbetween? Which I prefer?

Does the line have coated sections and uncoated?  or a difference in coating per color?

Even that wouldn't cause wind knots on a reel that manages no stretch lines well.

How do so many people use such a variety of braids.....without issue....and some have issues with all but a few......even a defective spool wouldn't cause wind knots without there being something obvoiusly wrong with the line..like the fuzzballs in that finatic pro video.

I've yet to come across a braided line that caused wind knots.

What I can say is certain diameters don't lay well on certain reels.....Especially if not wound tight.

Wind knots are 95% a line management issue 

The remainder is a function of the reel.

I've seen thousands of people say exactly what you claim.....and when boiling it down....the one's I've spoken with..made adjustments...and it fixed the issue.

Mainly paying attention to tension...from the point the bail is closed and the retrieve starts.....to making sure no slack line loops develop and how to prevent them in the first place.

Casting on the hercules 30lb I've used has been perfectly fine.

Nanofil would occasionally get a loose wrap (not over the spool...just a loose coil when reeling in slack)

Fluffy weaves do have a tendency to dig in

I remember a while ago you were not liking Hercules braid.  I am curious what it is that you liked about the 30 pound line.  I have used it for quite some time and I don’t find it bad at all.  I only use it on 8 and bait on conventional reels like Squidders though.  No finesse fishing.

2 hours ago, Birdsnester said:

I remember a while ago you were not liking Hercules braid.  I am curious what it is that you liked about the 30 pound line.  I have used it for quite some time and I don’t find it bad at all.  I only use it on 8 and bait on conventional reels like Squidders though.  No finesse fishing.

I think I may have been referring to the 4 strand.  As it's okay because it's so dang cheap....but compared to others...it's pretty ropey.   I borrowed a reel awhile back that my friend said was spooled with hercules....I can definitely say that stuff isn't this...regardless of color (mine's pink :) ) I hope I didn't give bad info on that. 

This the first 8 strand hercules I've purchased.  

I slapped on about 75 yards give or take on a tatula 100...and the leftover on a battle 3.  I've fished the battle 3 on a pair of trips....and the tatula is in a rotation with a bunch of others.   The baitcaster has seen more use and more variety of use...jigs, spinnerbaits topwater etc....nighttime largemouth stuff

I like the 8x hercules for the simple fact that it's cheap and no real negatives have popped up.  It wears well....no out of the norm fuzzing. It knots well and the area above the leader knot doesn't deteriorate.   It comes off the spool like  j braid and doesn't stick to itself..and handles twist well.

Compared to some better braids on my list like the new power pro...it gets a bit more waterlogged....holds a bit more water than say x9 and is a bit limp for my tastes.