Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shu

shore cast jigging and slow jigging

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

I recently came across shore jigging and shore slow jigging techniques on Youtube and decided to give it a try at local jetties and inlets. To my surprise, this style of fishing with various casting jigs and slow style jigs is amazing. Especially at deeper beach during high tide. I caught numerous fish on CB One C1 and F1 casting jigs. 

Got some light Sea Falcon and HAOLI jigs coming in from Australia. I will do some additional testing with those jigs deeper into October. Right now only the blue fish and mackerels are destroying my jigs. 

Curious to know what everyone's thoughts are on this?

cb-one-c1-jig.jpg

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts as to when and where slow-pitch jigging works, from the shore. If you have deep water close to your feet, I suspect it's better than if you're fishing a shallow, shelving beach.

6 hours ago, BrianBM said:

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts as to when and where slow-pitch jigging works, from the shore. If you have deep water close to your feet, I suspect it's better than if you're fishing a shallow, shelving beach.

Wider profiled jigs - they fall much slower

And although I have not bought any (yet) XRAY pointed me in the direction of BlueBlue Sea Ride jigs for shallow water:

3 hours ago, ZAFisher said:

And although I have not bought any (yet) XRAY pointed me in the direction of BlueBlue Sea Ride jigs for shallow water:

Any idea who stocks these in USA? 

13 hours ago, BrianBM said:

The slow jigs made anywhere between 5g - 45g with wide profile like this picture doesn't really need very deep water. I think 5 ft and over should be good. This is lighter than most of the diamond jigs that people throw at the beaches. 

6344388319762-jigging-a-la-carta-slow-drop-jig-20g.jpg

In most of the video above, the retrieve is anything but slow. Only in the segment labeled "free fall" was there even a slow moment; otherwise the jig was given a frantic action. 

As far as BlueBlue goes, I'll bet similar jigs are available from those stores that import a lot of Japanese hardware, Jigging World, Jig'n'Pop, Peace Token (does that one exist anymore?) I'll have to wander into Kilsong's website and see what's there. On my one visit, he had a ton of jigs.

I just looked at Dan Tinman's "Squid and Bluefish Busters."  There are a couple of lures there that look like they'd be quite usable for slow-pitch fluttering from shore.

4 hours ago, BrianBM said:

@DanTinman , what's your take on that?

Just did a quick look at eBay to see what comes up.  There's one style that bears a strong resemblance to my Bluefish Busters, fat type.  The difference is in size.  The bay listing shows sizes from .1 oz (yes that's right one tenth of an oz) up to just over 1/2 oz.  None show hooks.  The prices are knock your socks off high!  They ranged from 9.50 to 11.49 each with shipping charges of 22.45.  I don't care how good they are they won't sell many in the US.

Just as a comparison my Bluefish Busters and Peanuts made in tin instead of lead would perform about the same in the water and they'd cost a helluva lot less.  Oh yeah, mine come with hooks.:p

Did this last month off the surf and had success with fluke using a slow retrieve with a twitch and letting it fall; used a combo of some no name 20g jigs I picked up on Amazon and also 40g Nomad’s. Switched it up and burned in a few of the 20g and picked up spanish mackerel and small blues. Hopped a party boat for an “experimental” trip with the 40g Nomad and 60g Shimano and had my limit of fluke; tipped the assist hooks with squid. Will continue to experiment with them because it’s fun. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 9/15/2020 at 5:39 AM, ecks said:

Any idea who stocks these in USA? 

Call a place in Fla. called Johnny Jigs. He also has a website. It’s good place to start. I saw he has good prices.

Edited by Steve_M