Clbay1971

SOL plugs information

18 posts in this topic

I was looking back at the old archives for pictures of plugs and found out that sol had plugs made. How many years were they offered and what was the cost back then? RM Smith made some but did he make all of them? Also how did you lucky few get ahold of them and are they still made. Any other information would be nice. How about some pictures please.

Clbay, there was an online store years back. Not sure when it was taken down. There were a number of builders represented, as I recall, Habs, Eel Punt, Choopy, Lex. I am sure there were others but I don't recall.

2 hours ago, BassAssasin said:

Clbay, there was an online store years back. Not sure when it was taken down. There were a number of builders represented, as I recall, Habs, Eel Punt, Choopy, Lex. I am sure there were others but I don't recall.

Thanks for the info I’m guessing that Amazon Shopping bought out the online store. 

22 mins ago, Clbay1971 said:

Thanks for the info I’m guessing that Amazon Shopping bought out the online store. 

I think it just closed down...You would have to ask Tim

12 mins ago, IslandSurf said:

I think it just closed down...You would have to ask Tim

I’ll have to ask him about that just don’t think that’s worth bugging him about it. I was referring to the main page were there’s a Amazon shopping tag. Did you ever take advantage and buy some.

6 hours ago, BassAssasin said:

Fixter's too. Tica reels, Korkers as well. :howdy:

4 hours ago, Clbay1971 said:

No, there was the Store that sold Ryan's plugs for a while. Amazon came later, I believe:howdy:

That must have been great to have all the vendors sell here. I know there’s a commercial page but I never know what their selling or it’s from long ago.

On 9/12/2020 at 7:58 PM, Clbay1971 said:

found out that sol had plugs made. How many years were they offered and what was the cost back then? RM Smith made some but did he make all of them?

There was one run of SOL limited edition, laser etched plugs made by RM Smith. I believe it was 2009. They were sold as a sort of fund raiser for the site. I think they were 2 3/4 RM Smith FBs (fat bastards) and cost something like $25/each...mighta been $30...again, it was a fun raiser of sorts :)

TimS

1 hour ago, TimS said:

There was one run of SOL limited edition, laser etched plugs made by RM Smith. I believe it was 2009. They were sold as a sort of fund raiser for the site. I think they were 2 3/4 RM Smith FBs (fat bastards) and cost something like $25/each...mighta been $30...again, it was a fun raiser of sorts :)

TimS

I appreciate your reply and also the information. Thanks Tim

Christian