gimbap1707

Fall run reports?

Rate this topic

535 posts in this topic

8 mins ago, GarbageFish said:

just I they thought I was out they pulled me back in.... saw some decent fish in the past 3 nights.

If you were out last night, you earned you keeps. I possey out.:howdy:

Went out around noon to the SS for a little over an hour.  At first nothing, but saw a dark area in the water down the beach.  Walked down and started to see splashing.  Foul hooked about a half dozen bunker.  Once the bunker moved out deeper, the stripers started hitting.  Got into some chubby bass in the 20''-26'' range.  All on a hopkins shorty and teaser.  Fun times 

Weeded up this AM but managed 6 schoolies. Had to cast a 4 oz bucktail at like 3 o clock, get tight and hang on. Weed got real bad tho and didn’t feel like walking to find cleaner water 

Figured I’d catch a few this morning and call it a season, but no such luck. Tried some back bay spots from the boat, tide was out really bad, could barely get to my productive spots, tried to bounce around a little bit from 6:30-8:30, and pulled it back into the slip. Got my waders out of the trunk and tried my favorite little spot but I definitely missed the window and tried with no luck until 10am. Beautiful morning regardless.

Back bay North Shore spot last eve at sunset. Fished a light set up with small rubber barbless shads and had the drag singing. A couple surprisingly close to slot size. This late in season not common where I fish. 

Tired another back bay spot this morning and was snagging adult bunker on the shads. They were in thick splashing everywhere but not a Bass on them apparently