Fall run reports?

Rate this topic

gimbap1707

On 11/13/2020 at 4:55 PM, JohnW93 said:

Western SS this afternoon. Best fishing I’ve had in weeks — slot size fish for an hour straight until it died down. 

Had (what a thought to be a 30 pounder) pull me 100 feet down the beach. Turned out to be a nice double header. So much fun. 

I was throwing a 6oz Hogy Shad a few weeks ago during the full moon and was fighting a fish for about 15 minutes when i lost it...Who knows how big it was...there was a strong current and with the wind...I was furious.

SW

3 hours ago, IslandSurf said:

I was throwing a 6oz Hogy Shad a few weeks ago during the full moon and was fighting a fish for about 15 minutes when i lost it...Who knows how big it was...there was a strong current and with the wind...I was furious.

I am still kicking myself for something similar a couple weeks back. Hook just popped out. Everything else was good. Ugh. 

21 hours ago, IslandSurf said:

Sorry bud... I caught it for ya... put a 31lb on the beach 2 or 2.5 weeks ago... best of the year... it's been slow for me last 10 days though. 

Bay water was very turbid, still some grass washing up from the storm, and pretty frosty on the beach. Didn’t think I’d get anymore from this spot this season, but was very surprised about ten minutes after sunrise I landed two chunky little stripers. Unfortunately  for me the main gear on my crappy little penn fierce shredded after hooking up with the second fish. Not a bad morning

Got into my own head this morning.  Got there early, and got frustrated with everyone crowding around me.  Then everyone started catching up and down the beach, but I was getting skunked.  Spent an hour tried a few different lures. Finally I reeled my swivel through the top eye of the fishing pole and gave a little jerk to cast out a bit of slack (maybe 10 feet), and bam.  Caught a few other shorts before hitting the road.  Funny how you can get in your own head sometimes.

35 mins ago, mnedbalsky said:

Got into my own head this morning.  Got there early, and got frustrated with everyone crowding around me.  Then everyone started catching up and down the beach, but I was getting skunked.  Spent an hour tried a few different lures. Finally I reeled my swivel through the top eye of the fishing pole and gave a little jerk to cast out a bit of slack (maybe 10 feet), and bam.  Caught a few other shorts before hitting the road.  Funny how you can get in your own head sometimes.

Any decent or all micros?