gimbap1707

Fall run reports?

Rate this topic

641 posts in this topic

On 11/2/2020 at 10:12 AM, RyanJ_88 said:

Had similar experience the other night, fish choked the plug so bad it hooked his gills. Even though it was a single it was bleeding and it ****ing killed me to have done that, but not sure what I could have done differently. When I finally got it out though his gill plate and him back in the wash I gave him a nice revival and he kicked semi-well on the release. Still thinking about it days later, hope that fish made it.

Sir, If you keep a fish it has ZERO Chance of Survival.  If you RELEASE it, it may a 1 in 100 chance of survival.  So The Odds Favor Release. Release Today And Watch Her Swim Away. Good Luck

6 hours ago, Stripedbass50lbs said:

Sir, If you keep a fish it has ZERO Chance of Survival.  If you RELEASE it, it may a 1 in 100 chance of survival.  So The Odds Favor Release. Release Today And Watch Her Swim Away. Good Luck

I practice C&R with almost all my fishing but I never keep stripers. Just seeing a young fish bleeding like that hurt my soul lol. 

On 11/5/2020 at 5:12 PM, hobobob said:

My plug bag started smelling foul few weeks ago. Found a couple of these guys and one dead spearing inside, on the bottom under the tube insert. Must have gotten in from the drain holes.  Last winter was a mummified sandeel. :laugh:

Years ago we winterized the boat while i was fighting a cold. Fogged the motor, dumped some ws washer fluid through the live well system. Fast forward to spring and we had eel puree in the live well.:eek:

Nada today in Fishing bay, not many caught, we only saw one keeper at 28", none for us. We met a few other kayak anglers who are going further south tomorrow, we'll be with them. The waters here have cooled to 57 degrees and pushed the fish out of the rivers into deeper water. I didn't see any spearing in the river which tipped me off that something was amiss.

walked a fav closer SS inlet and adjacent open beach for a couple hours this am (9a-12p)

a couple schoolies earlier and then just shad. 

stupid nice day on the beach regardless.  a little too cool for swimming i found out the hard way courtesy of a large wave i didn’t see coming.

since tomorrow’s supposed to be spectacular too gonna go out and see if there’s any ghosts around.  i’m sure i’ll bring some lighter tackle too.  found some nice bonito last year first week of November so who knows.

Had some fun with the back bay LIS Shad on ultralight fresh water set up and some shad darts. Couldn’t find a fly they would hit with the 5wt rod.

I’m really hoping for a later push of some bigger Bass on these shad and other bait that seem to be everywhere. 

SS inlet, saw a pod of bunker(im guessing) getting destroyed on top. J out of range, no matter what I threw. They were feeding with boats going left and right, lasted a while before some guy went right through em and were no longer visible. 

Edited by gimbap1707

1 hour ago, mnedbalsky said:

Haven't caught a fish in a week.  I've been out at sunrise and out again typically low tide everyday.  Big lineups of anglers and no fish.  Is the fall run over?

If it keeps happening I would try fishing at other times/tides