gimbap1707

Fall run reports?

Rate this topic

641 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, CLFish5 said:

Truth! COVID has made me realize how much work is the devil. Drains your energy and makes you miserable!!

Third vote here!  The ability to get up early and hit the water before logging in has been amazing this year.  And reconnected with my old fishing friend and we had hardly seen each other in the last ten years, and slayed it this summer.  Horrible year, but silver linings for sure.

Edited by trahsub

Hit the SS for an hour once the rain stopped.  The action was good.  Caught one on my first cast, and left them biting.  They were hitting the point jude sand eel, bucktail, or green tube about 15 feet out.  Saw keepers up and down the beach.  I caught a dozen up to 26 inches, and lost my rig to a monster on my last cast.  

SS 7:45-10:30pm last night, favorable wind, decent surf. Water was clean but still terrible sweep. Nothing doing on the bucktail, tried a minnow, still nothing. Decided to clip on a needlefish I bought earlier in the day and my line snapped on the cast. That was enough punishment for me for one day. Happy Halloween, all.

22 mins ago, JohnW93 said:

Finally caught my first striper from the surf!! Put together everything I’ve learned from books, YouTube, this forum, AND FINALLY GOT ME ONE. 

Central SS on a bucktail. What a rush. 

Congratulations 

3 hours ago, JohnW93 said:

Finally caught my first striper from the surf!! Put together everything I’ve learned from books, YouTube, this forum, AND FINALLY GOT ME ONE. 

Central SS on a bucktail. What a rush.

Nice John.... on a bucktail no less !!!

Welcome to the addiction :rav:

8 hours ago, the3fishheads said:

Fished 7 hrs till just about midnite with Hammer. Crap ton of bass to 34in. Mo.

Let me take a wild guess, somewhere along the central/east south shore? Have a friend who told me things have really lit up the past day.