gimbap1707

Fall run reports?

Rate this topic

641 posts in this topic

Fished last of outgoing 2oz buck tail was only thing holding bottom. I got one and I saw one from neighbor.

cant believe the truck lights Headlamps and bonfires everywhere  even at 12am... 

People fishing as far as the eye can see, saw one guy pull in a schoolie. Went for blackfish in various spots, had a few at 14/15 inches. As per usual every tog season, saw some Chinese guys poach a few babies. I don't get it man..

2 keeper tog in 2 hours for me north shore. Constant action. Lost a really nice one maybe 7-8lbs right at the shore line :( was fishing a 30lb mono leader I guess I deserved it leader broke right in the middle  

Nasty sweep to the water, not weedy though. A lot of people, had three hookups, felt small, couldn’t keep them on. Two days in a row I’ve been able to find fish, so at least I’ve got that going for me.

On 10/23/2020 at 10:21 PM, JohnW93 said:

Fished the last 3 hours of the outgoing in Western SS. Big surf, lots of grass. Not a fun combination. 

Took my first tumble of the season, so an eventful night nonetheless! 

If you dont tumble at least once or twice a season , your not fishing hard enough.  

Fished outgoing east SS  for about 5 schoolies. Seals were in close and whales breaching about a half mile out. Glad the gill netters are gone for now, I feel they kind of ruined the bite for the last two weeks.