gimbap1707

Fall run reports?

Rate this topic

641 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, JohnW93 said:

Heading over to the west end after work today. Looks like the weather is going to clear up, beautiful afternoon/night. 

No specific spots  please 

Edited by DeepBlue85

6 mins ago, DeepBlue85 said:

No specific spots  please 

I’m new here, so apologies in advance if I broke a rule. Confused by the downvoting of my post — “West End“ is far from anything specific. Am I wrong? 

37 mins ago, JohnW93 said:

I’m new here, so apologies in advance if I broke a rule. Confused by the downvoting of my post — “West End“ is far from anything specific. Am I wrong? 

West end is a spot, the west end is a region of long beach...either way it's too specific.  North shore south shore is fine.

Relax. He only said that he was going to WE, which I think most of us think of as actually the west end of Jones, not Long. I do agree that a general, not specific, location report is appropriate; western / central / east SS, etc.

29 mins ago, Fishalicious said:

Relax. He only said that he was going to WE, which I think most of us think of as actually the west end of Jones, not Long. I do agree that a general, not specific, location report is appropriate; western / central / east SS, etc.

Gotcha, I understand. I’ll update my original post. Thanks fellas. 

1 hour ago, Fishalicious said:

I am relaxed, I'm providing guidance on a subject not everyone is aware of...until it's to late as you your self would agree.

Spot burn without facebook / twitter, etc usually take about 3 days.  Initial bite spotted, more people came, overrun in day 3.  With facebook, etc. it could be matter of hours.  Even faster in 4x4 beaches. 

45 mins ago, hobobob said:

Spot burn without facebook / twitter, etc usually take about 3 days.  Initial bite spotted, more people came, overrun in day 3.  With facebook, etc. it could be matter of hours.  Even faster in 4x4 beaches. 

I swear out here on the North Fork it's minutes.  I was out on an open beach one day, with one other car with rods attached to the roof.  A third car pulls up, sees that the first guy picked up a fish, and about half an hour later the beach was swamped with people fishing.  I've seen it happen at certain times (start or end of tides, around sunset, around 5/after work), but for a Thursday at 2 PM in the middle of the tide the only explanation I could find was that someone had posted it somewhere.