gimbap1707

Fall run reports?

Rate this topic

641 posts in this topic

Sorry if this thread is unnecessary, but I wanted to start a discussion on the upcoming fall run. Primarily towards shore-based anglers, being that there have been a lot of boaters posting reports recently. 

Anyways, I headed out this morning to a local pier just fishing for snappers and other small stuff. One guy caught a blue, decent size too. Possibly an early(?) start to a run of bigger blues? But the highlight was a gentleman fishing for fluke when he hooked something BIG. The way it was fighting, I am 99% sure it was a striper. Broke him off after 30 seconds, but damn I really wanted to see it surface. I’ve heard sporadic reports in the past about people catching stripers at this pier, but it’s very uncommon. Any other surf fishermen get out recently?

Been at a SS inlet 4 times in the past ten days. Decent amount of blues dusk till early morning 14-20” on a variety of tackle from the beach and the inlet. Couple dudes I talked to swore they have been getting stripers slightly under slot size all week, but I haven’t seen anything. 

8 hours ago, Said_g15 said:

This 34 inch bass was caught at Belmont lake. If you wait for a report, you’ll never catch the nice ones lol

DB97EB4C-C9A6-4492-B168-EF929E005988.jpeg

Not fooling me, I can tell from the rocks this was actually caught at McDonald Pond at Hempstead Lake. 

8 mins ago, C.Robin said:

Not fooling me, I can tell from the rocks this was actually caught at McDonald Pond at Hempstead Lake. 

Lolllll.... I have to start blurring out the backgrounds... I completely forgot 

On 9/13/2020 at 10:07 AM, Said_g15 said:

This 34 inch bass was caught at Belmont lake. If you wait for a report, you’ll never catch the nice ones lol

DB97EB4C-C9A6-4492-B168-EF929E005988.jpeg

Awesome! Very good fish!

16 hours ago, C.Robin said:

Wrong. See that little Rock its dorsal fin is on? Clearly a lake ronkonkoma fish

Just left a SS beach in Suffolk, Schoolie and low slot size bass, cocktail blues, and hickory shad nice and close to shore. Variety of tackle but all seemed to like a gulp swimming mullet teaser.