harley48

Grouper arrest

Rate this topic

67 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, ferret said:

but was it caught on a blackhole rod?

Thanks for mentioning Black Hole rod.

Indeed, I caught and released 120 - 150 lb goliath grouper using possibly the lightest jigging rod in the world.

While jigging grouper and mutton snapper in Dry Tortugas using 3.8 oz Black Hole Tai rod ( blank weighs mere 1.4 oz), I had snapper. While reeling in, i felt heavy. I thought shark took the snapper,  but it turned out to be goliath grouper.

taim.jpg

11 hours ago, JoelJ said:

Thank you. Just don't forget that there always is 2 sides of the coin that's why the regulation writers were consulted.  Without any definitive answer from them and maintaining I am right and you are wrong won't get us anywhere and everything at this point remain as opinions. Sad to hear "there is a lot of leeway given" by the authorities but noooo, it don't count here ... not in here you don't - we'll just keep on :deadhorse: until something gives.  

PM you so you can send me appropriate contacts? If you're really serious or seriously hoping the community can get together as you mentioned here's something even better ... why don't you put here the "appropriate contacts that you can send the pictures to" so other responsible "sportsmen" and the fishing community as a whole can help the authorities enforce these conservation regulations ... 

Screenshot_20200913-001441_Chrome.jpg.2c6dc3cd03929c2094f6a91bf523d408.jpg

The general public can report violations here and they even give you a reward incentive for being a snitch. That atleast goes to enforcement and investigation, not general questioning. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Go ahead I live off the grid,,,,:laugh: and I didn't know what  it was till I got it up on the pier,,,:hooked: I got the hook out and safety released it,,,,:p they shouldn't be on the endangered list anyway,,,,,:waiting: but something I do catch and release very quick and safely is the Roanoke log perch very much more endangered,,,,:eek: if throw out a line,,,:beatin:you don't know what you're going to catch ,,,,,,,,:D

20190707_211412.jpg

20200913_051047.jpg

Edited by bennie

3 hours ago, bennie said:

Go ahead I live off the grid,,,,:laugh: and I didn't know what  it was till I got it up on the pier,,,:hooked: I got the hook out and safety released it,,,,:p they shouldn't be on the endangered list anyway,,,,,:waiting: but something I do catch and release very quick and safely is the Roanoke log perch very much more endangered,,,,:eek: if throw out a line,,,:beatin:you don't know what you're going to catch ,,,,,,,,:D

20190707_211412.jpg

20200913_051047.jpg

You are OK. You  can lift small goliath for unhooking and  taking picture while unhooking. 

8 hours ago, dennysnook said:

Screenshot_20200913-001441_Chrome.jpg.2c6dc3cd03929c2094f6a91bf523d408.jpg

The general public can report violations here and they even give you a reward incentive for being a snitch. That atleast goes to enforcement and investigation, not general questioning. 

Hope someone has Mike's back....

cheese GIF

Pizza Rat GIF by MOODMAN

10 hours ago, ksong said:

Thanks for mentioning Black Hole rod.

Indeed, I caught and released 120 - 150 lb goliath grouper using possibly the lightest jigging rod in the world.

While jigging grouper and mutton snapper in Dry Tortugas using 3.8 oz Black Hole Tai rod ( blank weighs mere 1.4 oz), I had snapper. While reeling in, i felt heavy. I thought shark took the snapper,  but it turned out to be goliath grouper.

taim.jpg

Nice Kil, you got the video fighting the fish  :)

21 hours ago, Lou T said:

Damn hope Mr. Kil was right, and everyone has his back here...

Photo of Anyzeski with the goliath grouper. (Source: FWC)

Anyzeski was arrested last Friday. His bond was set at $7,500.

Anyzeski-Goliath-Grouper.jpg?w=420

Is there water on the tail of that fish?

If you zoom in on the tail of the fish; it appears to have water on it.

So, is the fish in, or out of the water....:)   :laugh:

$7500 bail sounds a tad excessive