harley48

Grouper arrest

Rate this topic

67 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I would prefer the FWC  made examples of some of the Youtube  warriors instead of an 18 year old kid that was  probably clueless.

He should have just thrown a molotov cocktail at a police station,no charges brought????

Edited by olvart

2 hours ago, olvart said:

I would prefer the FWC  made examples of some of the Youtube  warriors instead of an 18 year old kid that was  probably clueless.

He should have just thrown a molotov cocktail at a police station,no charges brought????

I concur, that kid was clueless about that fish. I spend my Winter's in Florida and they are not common. If you took a survey of the Florida population I bet 99% of them could not name that fish or know the regulations on that fish. However, that Black Hole Guy knew what kind of fish he caught ( that's a tiny little wave story). Or, he could say the wave was Almost There.

I’m a little torn by this. My first reaction was give the kid a brake he’s 18 a probably had no idea. However I’ve seen and read of plenty of adults who were new to the sport of fishing and got busted for something illegal. A lot of the time they just didn’t know any better.  Most people think not knowing is no excuse to break the law and as a angler it’s your job to educated yourself with the do’s and dont’s. Bottom line they went to hard on the kid and if it’s his first offense most likely the fine will be thrown out.

Amazing! . . . 9 days from catch to arrest from picture they saw in social media . . . wonder how long it will take for them to act if picture is directly submitted to them :waiting:

6 hours ago, J Wagen said:

I concur, that kid was clueless about that fish. I spend my Winter's in Florida and they are not common. If you took a survey of the Florida population I bet 99% of them could not name that fish or know the regulations on that fish. However, that Black Hole Guy knew what kind of fish he caught ( that's a tiny little wave story). Or, he could say the wave was Almost There.

Are you high? They are super common.