HardyG

John Daly has bladder cancer

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

It must be pretty advanced if surgery is the default option.  A friend had that, and it was treated by inflating his bladder with a solution full of tuberculosis pathogens (I assume weakened) to stimulate the immune system.  That was six years ago and he's fine.

Too bad.

3 hours ago, BrianBM said:

It must be pretty advanced if surgery is the default option.  A friend had that, and it was treated by inflating his bladder with a solution full of tuberculosis pathogens (I assume weakened) to stimulate the immune system.  That was six years ago and he's fine.

Too bad.

As long as the malignancy hasn't gone into the musculature. The drug is called BCG. 

Marc

My dad got bladder cancer a few years ago, he had his bladder removed and has a bag that collects urine. It’s actually not as miserable as one would think. 
A friends father was diagnosed in early July, he had the mass removed (had not attached to muscle) and I golfed with him last week. He shot 74, which is 1 less than his age!

I remember reading something once, prob ESPN the magazine or the like, that said John Daly was possibly the most naturally gifted athlete in any sport and that if he practiced or actually worked on his game he would have been one of the best all time. Pretty sure they compared him to Jordan and some baseball greats. Sad to hear about the bladder cancer hope hes alright. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

37 mins ago, nateD said:

25 diet cokes, 30 beers, and 4 packs of smokes a day will keep the doctor paid.

FIFY

Hoping for a good outcome, I always liked John Daly

Edited by NPV

His out-of-nowhere PGA win was an incredible tournament. I'll never forget Gary McCord saying "hide the women and children!" every time Daly got on the tee.

On 9/11/2020 at 4:22 PM, HardyG said:

Sad news, age 54, bladder cancer. Looks like surgery to remove it which is not pretty. Best wishes big fella.....

Not necessarily.  I had the same thing (but maybe different, every one is different) and I have about 1/2 of my bladder left.  Two operations but no chemo or radiation, thank God.  Got to pee more often but that's about it.  Check ups every three to six months.  Cancer free so far.  But they tell me bladder cancer has a 50% rate of return.  My biggest problem was having a catheter for six months plus but that didn't stop me from boating, fishing or shooting.  Pain in the dick though.:howdy:  Best of luck to him.