IBSP circa 1988

Rate this topic

Ben Lippen

I was reading a old report regarding Barnegat inlet that it took them quite a few tries and over 100 years to figure out how to build the inlet jetty structures. Each time they tried itd fill up with sand and made for treacherous conditions inside the inlet. \

That soft structure is making me day dream a bit. 

3 hours ago, wasy said:

I believe it ending up exposed and fell victim to replenishment 

Mother Nature took most of what was left there. Last I saw was a small stick on a blowout tide back in the mid 1990's . 

And was I away when they replenished IBSP? I don't recall them doing that.

2 hours ago, Local24 SSP said:

Believe that’s the one that was near A15?....

Yupyup. Tween 15 and 17, :laugh: 

2 mins ago, Ben Lippen said:

Mother Nature took most of what was left there. Last I saw was a small stick on a blowout tide back in the mid 1990's . 

And was I away when they replenished IBSP? I don't recall them doing that.

Didnt they replenish the pocket a few years back? Other than that the beaches remain untouched asides from mother natures own replenishment 

2 hours ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Didnt they replenish the pocket a few years back? Other than that the beaches remain untouched asides from mother natures own replenishment 

First I’m hearing of that. Know they “rebuilt” the jetty from the mean high tide line to 100 yards west. A few years back. They found a wreck under the rocks and had to stop working to document it. 
Mouth of Barnegat is getting crazy from the pumped sand. Water goes from 40’ to 11’ about 200-300 yards ENE. 

Edited by Local24 SSP

On 9/11/2020 at 0:47 PM, Ben Lippen said:

Anyone else remember this wreck?

A - what number?

In the worst of our times for the resource, I caught more than a few large near this spot.

Scan0088.jpg.4174866e5b2f748b7e80c98c271023f1.jpg

Wow. I remember that wreck. I lost a few sinkers on that sucker.

Good memories!!!!

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

I remember that wreck. I thought it was more toward A-14 than A-16, but whatever. Supposedly you could catch blackfish from the beach on a day when the tide was way out, though I didn't personally ever do it. I think Mother Nature just broke it down over the years.

No beach replenishment at IBSP, just jetty repair after Sandy. 

19 hours ago, stranded1 said:

I remember that wreck. I thought it was more toward A-14 than A-16, but whatever. Supposedly you could catch blackfish from the beach on a day when the tide was way out, though I didn't personally ever do it. I think Mother Nature just broke it down over the years.

No beach replenishment at IBSP, just jetty repair after Sandy. 

up until the most recent replenishment, there were several wrecks that you could reach off of the beach