Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. Sept 11 - Sept 18

Rate this topic

80 posts in this topic

27 mins ago, JfromRI said:

Gray seals are definitely seen in this area, but most of the seals seen in Rhode Island are harbor seals.  They haul out all winter in a couple places in the lower bay.

Grey seals are all over soco and gansett all fall and spring. The horse heads are easy to distinguish from the harbors.

4 hours ago, osprey47 said:

where were they all summer?????

Agreed. I called them other day when guy accross water from me was stuffing schoolies in a sac and wouldn’t stop when I called him on it. And no response from DEM

Was out today looking for albies.  Just got back.  A few popped near us but that was about it.   No birds or busting schools.   Tough wind today.     We were in somewhat protected waters but it was a long ride back to the ramp.   Did have a seal swim up toward the boat though.  My sister was with us so that was fun for her.  

10 hours ago, Kooky said:

Agreed. I called them other day when guy accross water from me was stuffing schoolies in a sac and wouldn’t stop when I called him on it. And no response from DEM

my experience is they usually rush when you call on a striper  but if you call about over limit on blues, undersized tog, or anything other than a striper your lucky to get a response