dannyplug1

NAMES FOR SUMMER PEOPLE

Rate this topic

72 posts in this topic

As I was looing at one of the other forums the writer complained that the bennies were coming to the shore and acting as if they owned the place and that the rules of the community did not apply to them.  The writer called them BENNIES.  I called an old college friend of mine who lives on the shore in South Jersey what they call the summer visitors.  He said SHOOBIES because of them coming with shoe box lunches.  In Rhode Island we call them SKUKES.  According to local tradition a Skuke is a bird that **** in another birds nest and then leaves.  I was wondering if there are other names for annoying summer visitors.  I fully realize that the summer visitors provide a great deal to the communities they visit.  However sometimes I wish that some were  nicer about it.  Curious about other names.

Names for annoying summer visitors... I call them "the in-laws". Lol I'm from Ocean County. We call them Bennies and kindly ask them to leave right after labor day. #LocalSummer!!

Different groups have different names. CITIOTS covers them generically in Southampton. When I was growing up in Hampton bays in the mid 70's we were invaded by group renters, some dregs of society that were christened BBQ'S scumbags from BRONX , BROOKLYN AND QUEENS. They were followed in the lat 70's by da GUIDOS , wife beatah t shoits, gold chains, hundred mile an hour haircuts and a lot of them drove a Monte SS. High hair bimbos came along foah da ride.  Yo we's goin to dat CPI place.

Salmon colored shorts with a belt with wales on it and deck shoes...a classic summer touristy look.  Now I know how the southerners felt after the civil war.   No disrespect intended to anyone

Posted (edited) · Report post

Chad's and Becky's would be the name for people wealthy enough to "summer on the coast" in New England. Trust Fund kids, driveway full of range rovers and lifted jeeps that will never be put in 4x4. Vineyard Vines uniform, membership to 6 country clubs, Hinkley they use 6 times a summer. 

Edited by BroadSoundBound

The arrogant, all about me's with their pink whale shirts, wearing socks with sandals driving in their cool,trendy, impractical, off colored, top down bloated up fashion jeeps with mud splash decals (couldn't dare get real mud on it). 

Dead giveaway is also the quiche eating, soft human, beta paddleboarders.

That's RI anyway.No name for those yet.

And the always correct F. U. C. KING A. S. SHOLES. They all came out in mid March and aren’t leaving! They wear out their welcome in a normal 3 month season , it’s been 6 MONTHS  for *** sake! Range Rover driving , stop sign running, entitled attitude carrying maggots. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I live in South Jersey on the water in an area that gets overloaded, and abused by them. Since The China virus hit tho, it’s made this area worse, as many them have stayed here in their second homes rather than going back to the virus stricken city.

I refer to many of them as a-holes. However most refer to them as bennies, or yeah, shoebies in NJ. Not really familiar with any other term.

Edited by MattieG