21 posts in this topic

Never ever had an issue with an Alberto for my braid to flouro connection and then whatever knot you want to the hook/lure. I've jigged tuna on that knot.

If you were using lighter leader than 20# I would use an Albright, but with 20# I agree with those using the fg. It makes for a smaller knot and if using a longer leader and winding through  eyelets it makes for a smoother transition and  many fewer hang-ups especially if you are casting. Even more exaggerated if the guides are micro. The fg is a pain to tie, particularly when using light line, but I have never had the knot slip like the Albright does. I think that is because I use a light long leader and it bumps the guides during the cast and weakens the knot, and the tag end on the Albright precedes the knot and hits the guides first. However, if not casting continuously or not winding through guides, the Albright would be fine, also easier to tie. Make sure either one you decide to use is snugged tight, and a dab of super glue doesn't hurt.

Rub the Crazy Alberto with Chapstick and even into the braid a foot.

Casting the  knot thru guides goes easier and the braid is more protected from chafe.

I use the crazy Alberto for just about every leader up to 40 lb, then just use a barrel swivel and Palomar each  side to join braid to leader, but not going to  run through the guides obviously.

Crazy Alberto is  braid wound 7 wraps up, 7 wraps down the hooped leader. 

I have  wrapped  more for lighter lines,  but never less.

Knot failure is worse by casting through  guides, eventually you snag a guide and snap  off, worse for heavier line due to larger knots. 

Just be aware of it. 

As I mentioned above,  Chapstick helps a lot.

Double uni knot any combination up to 40 lb . Here is the thing when you 

make your turns the smallest line is double the turns of the larger , it don’t matter if its braid to mono , floro line to floro leader Braid to Braid  I always use the Yo-Zuri % 100 floro leader pink 

On 9/6/2020 at 5:06 PM, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

i am thinking of an alberto to braid then palomar to hook,

What do you all use?

20200906_180423.jpg

that's exactly what I use.  My breaking point is always the same place on the fluro right below the Alberto.  Usually happens after fishing it and abusing it for a while

On 13/09/2020 at 11:24 PM, Redneck Tourist said:

I use Fireline so I use a swivel to connect the line to the fluoro. Then palomar knot to connect fluoro to lure.

mainline to barrel swivel? and to fluoro? do u lose sensitivity?

I’ve used vanish flouro for years now and I’m happy with it. I moved away from yozuri.

I too use Alberto to join to mainline and palomar to hook.