gimbap1707

Looking to find snappers for bait, still around?

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

So I want to catch some snappers for fluke fishing, but I've never actually targeted them. I have access to a few bay spots and piers, should I just cast a deadly dick for them?

Still around caught some last Sunday they were bigger though probably too big for fluke bait. I used a popping cork tied to a small kastmaster. I also caught some on a 7/8 ounce gold swedish pimple I was really after schooling striped bass but caught snappers instead. 

7 mins ago, mnedbalsky said:

Has the limit always been 3 on Snappers?  I thought it was 10 for some reason.  

New for this year. A good practice is checking the regulations at least a few times each season, they change frequently depending on the species.

Either a snapper popper or a 3/4 oz kastmaster will work in most bays for snappers right now.  They're on the big side for fluke bait, but doable.  I'd think the 3 fish limit might be more of a hindrance than the size though.

Sadly I think you'll have more luck finding the snappers than the fluke.

19 hours ago, carznfish said:

now we can only keep 3

Local South Shore park\pier this morning for some exercise... hispanic family(no offense) had a BUCKET full.... must have missed the memo on the bag limit  :eek:

On 9/4/2020 at 9:20 PM, carznfish said:

Snapper blitzes or the 90’s were epic. Fried snapper fingers for days.... now we can only keep 3. Never thought id see the day 

I remember the late 70's as a kid, 5 gallon buckets full.