Wildcard777

Bait Shop - The New Coastside - Pacifica, CA

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I spoke with Marque a few weeks before he was scheduled for some procedures he was in rough shape. Prior to that, I spoke with his wife, I think she has plans to reopen but no timeline given the circumstances. We spoke when he was having a tough go, and I think she sensed the situation, my takeaway was it would be day by day for a while. I certainly hope she re-opens it was always a way cool shop. My condolences to the family RIP Marque hope there are striper runs where you rest.

G

On 9/8/2020 at 7:23 PM, gary.Hb said:

I spoke with Marque a few weeks before he was scheduled for some procedures he was in rough shape. Prior to that, I spoke with his wife, I think she has plans to reopen but no timeline given the circumstances. We spoke when he was having a tough go, and I think she sensed the situation, my takeaway was it would be day by day for a while. I certainly hope she re-opens it was always a way cool shop. My condolences to the family RIP Marque hope there are striper runs where you rest.

G

That would be great if she could reopen... he would be proud. 

I stopped by the new New Coastside shop yesterday. The new owner also named Mark is a good guy with lots of expertise of local fishing - and is open 7 days a week!

He rearranged the shop for better flow and access and carries all the same good stuff - including live bait: Grass/Ghost shrimp tanks and blood/nuclear worms. 

Glad to hear it opened up again. I only lived in the area for about 18 months but visited the shop often-right before Marque passed away actually. Wish success for the new owner.