jerseystriper

Home warranty companies

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Used to have a appliance warranty rider through my home insurance company. Covered major appliances/heating/air conditioning/ electric/water plumbing. 500 deductible but then the rest was covered. Used it a couple of times on refrigerator and a blower motor for the gas furnace so probably ended up on the plus side. Ins company dropped the rider. Been looking at some of the other "home warranty" companies, just wonder if any one has used any of them and found them to be honest and make the repairs or replace the parts or the whole appliance depending on what may go wrong and could offer an opinion. 

thanks 

My sister had one off the better known co's and wasn't happy with them at all. Would always send what seemed to be less than stellar techs who would always  try anything to avoid replacement., sometimes come back two or three times. She dropped them.

I dunno, gotta laugh at some of the TV ads for these.And you mentioned a $500 deductible. My fridge, for example, wasn't $500 when I bought it brand new!

Sort of like the auto insurance companies that tell me they can save me $500 or more. That is great, I guess they will be paying me, as the insurance on the wife's car (with collision and comprehensive) is only about $350 a year, and mine is about $300.

Well, the new Fridge was 1200. Wasn't very fancy one but that was the price. 

Car insurance for 3 old honda's, 2008/2011/2013 runs me 300 plus a month. I do have children drivers so hence the extra costs.  

Scams, pure and simple. Same thing with "extended warranties" that retailers relentlessly push when you buy just  about anything these days. There are extended warranties on paper towels for fork's sake. A retailer can not actually offer an extended warranty, only the manufacturer can. A retailer can only offer a service contract but they get away with calling it an "extended warranty".

A few months back I went to Best Buy to purchase a high-dollar item. The first words out of my mouth upon reaching checkout were, "Please do not offer me an extended warranty. I do not want one, will not buy one and will leave without purchasing the item if you try and sell me one". Yeah, douche move but the checkout clerk stood there in stunned silence, processed my credit card and that was the end of it. Yeah, they are people just trying to get by in life but So.Many.People try and get into my wallet on a daily basis. Enough is enough.

Ah, rant over, thank you very much.

Customers of mine were given a house warming present - it was a home purchase warranty given to them by their realtor.

within about 1 month they had at least a fridge a washer and a dryer replaced, no inspection no deductible. 

I was impressed. Don’t know the company.