Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nck2412

Assateague Albie Fishing

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Hello, I was trying to see if anyone has an idea of when Albies would be around Assateague? I was thinking of going down there sometime in the first two weeks of October. Is that general timeframe of when they would be in the surf there? If not, when in your experience would they be? Lastly, what else is usually “hot” in that time period? Thank you for the help.

Posted (edited) · Report post

36 mins ago, KOSS said:

Wait, didn't someone freeline an albie one time :worms:

Hey what's the story behind that ?

Edited by 7nBait

On 9/1/2020 at 6:14 PM, nck2412 said:

Hello, I was trying to see if anyone has an idea of when Albies would be around Assateague? I was thinking of going down there sometime in the first two weeks of October. Is that general timeframe of when they would be in the surf there? If not, when in your experience would they be? Lastly, what else is usually “hot” in that time period? Thank you for the help.

While back 15+ years ago  Surf Fishing Legend Steve Coleman landed an Albie at AI.That is the only one I know of,but maybe there have been a few more,
Head down to obx for FAs.Great fun from the beach for sure.
First couple weeks of Oct is a real good time to be at Assateague.

19 mins ago, Possum said:

While back 15+ years ago  Surf Fishing Legend Steve Coleman landed an Albie at AI.That is the only one I know of,but maybe there have been a few more,
Head down to obx for FAs.Great fun from the beach for sure.
First couple weeks of Oct is a real good time to be at Assateague.

So when would you recommend albies in obx? Still the first couple weeks of October?

If I remember correctly there was a certain guy in a hamlet by the beach that caught one and live lined it....

9 hours ago, nck2412 said:

So when would you recommend albies in obx? Still the first couple weeks of October?

Yeah and they show up if they feel like it until thanksgiving or so.And maybe a few come around in the spring.
Pretty much a hit or miss kinda fishery.They show up speeding around in the surf and can be caught sight casting small metal.Not a lot of folks targeting them but be ready when it is on.
FA in the surf is a total blast.