UncleJohn

September 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

930 posts in this topic

5 a.m. to 9 a.m. this morning outfront Moco. One 3 lb blue fish and one short Bass. The blue was pre-dawn on a quarter ounce Bucktail jig dressed with a 5-inch Zoom paddle tail. The bass hit a 5 inch tsunami paddle tail. Didn't really see any signs of bait. Had Dolphins come to just outside of the breakers this morning which was cool to see. Could have reached them with a good cast. I was very encouraged when I arrived at the beach this morning. Good wave action. Light East / Northeast wind

Edited by JimK

Out front Southern Monmouth County from 6-8.  Waves were decent and water was clean.  Unable to catch anything and only saw one other person catch a descent bass on bait.  As I was done fishing I walked by him and wanted to see the fish since he didn’t throw it back, assuming it was a keeper.  As I passed, I noticed his fish was buried under a pile of sand......SMH.  

9 mins ago, Jimo95 said:

Out front Southern Monmouth County from 6-8.  Waves were decent and water was clean.  Unable to catch anything and only saw one other person catch a descent bass on bait.  As I was done fishing I walked by him and wanted to see the fish since he didn’t throw it back, assuming it was a keeper.  As I passed, I noticed his fish was buried under a pile of sand......SMH.  

Burying a fish in wet sand is a good way to keep them cool, not to mention pesky gulls picking at your catch.

Don't judge based on that, lot's of people, me included, bury their fish. Help avoid unwanted company and keeps it cooler

Out front, MoCo, from 5:45 to 7 am. One blowup on a popper and pesky fluke hitchhiking rides on paddle tails. Also lost a swimmer to a yellow eyed demon who expertly chopped it off just below the hook. Nice white water and wave action. Slight wind out of the ESE. A few dolphin went by. Didn't see any bait.

On the plus side, ran into DeeMonee. I had assumed he was nothing more than a made up character by a couple of bored SOLers! Turns out he's real! Had a nice conversation, which allowed both of us to make excuses why we weren't catching fish! Also found out he has a real name (Dennis) and is from some God forsaken place called Ocean County. Never a dull moment on the beach.

17 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Don't judge based on that, lot's of people, me included, bury their fish. Help avoid unwanted company and keeps it cooler

Lesson learned.  I’ll remember that

1 hour ago, pressphotog said:

NoMoCo out front. Bass and blues until just past sunrise and then it was over once the sun started to break through the clouds.  For a while the fish were boiling all over the place on small bait which I think were bay anchovy - -  lots and lots of it.   There was also two huge piles of bait over the bar that had fish on them but googan boats scattered them pretty quickly. 

I wish I seen the big isopod stuck on the bass's tail in the photo below. I would have pulled that sucker off.   I also ran into a dead spiny porcupine and this morning the lighthouse was pretty awesome in the low clouds / fog.  

IMG_1555.jpeg

IMG_1551.jpeg

IMG_1558.jpeg

IMG_1548.jpeg

Wow, that lighthouse photo is eerie, circa. Alfred Hitchcock 

57 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Fortunately for Sudsy, he doesn’t have to dig very big holes to bury his catch.

Dude, you’re welcome to come down , but I must warn you it’s really dead down here.  Maybe wait a while til things turn on a little.

1 hour ago, Sudsy said:

.......said he as the Fish and Game wardens dragged him off the beach!

1 hour ago, Sudsy said:

Yup, used to do that in my younger days when I was keeping fish.

MoCo 2 hrs pre dawn, light E winds, water clear, cool, clean and green and plenty of white water. The skunk streak continues. Couple of fluke hits and had a decent one up on the sand that got sucked back in the wash. Even had the pleasure of getting snagged and breaking off, lost my teaser and got a paddle tail bit off. But the highlight of the outing was running into @nam1969. We had a nice chat and yes...gave excuses why we weren’t landing any fish. It was nice meeting you Bob! 

Edited by DeeMonee

2 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Yup......use to back in the day fishin' bait.....no longer.

3 hours ago, pressphotog said:

NoMoCo out front. Bass and blues until just past sunrise and then it was over once the sun started to break through the clouds.  For a while the fish were boiling all over the place on small bait which I think were bay anchovy - -  lots and lots of it.   There was also two huge piles of bait over the bar that had fish on them but googan boats scattered them pretty quickly. 

I wish I seen the big isopod stuck on the bass's tail in the photo below. I would have pulled that sucker off.   I also ran into a dead spiny porcupine and this morning the lighthouse was pretty awesome in the low clouds / fog.  

IMG_1555.jpeg

IMG_1551.jpeg

IMG_1558.jpeg

IMG_1548.jpeg

what a treat to have our own pro photog documenting our fall run...please don't stop!!!!!