UncleJohn

September 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

521 posts in this topic

Took a late drive yesterday and saw small bait everywhere in the back.  Added a dropper loop and small white teaser ahead of my plug and tagged an even dozen and went home.  

Thought all that white water this morning would be holding bass but only pulled up one and had a few bumps along the way. Did swing in a 5-6lb blue on a crippled herring. Lots of dolphins feeding very close to the wash. Awesome sight but all knows fish will move on with those feeding on them.

I guess my skunk buddy decided to sleep in this morning.  Hit a beach I haven't fished yet this year and found great looking water from that ESE wind that started yesterday.  Surf was rolling and just beginning to get a bit dirty in some spots.  Managed to find three and had a few more bumps that I'm sure were from fluke.  As rough and rolling as the surf was, everything was on the teaser.  Just goes to show ya these fish can find the smallest offering even in wild conditions.  You would think bigger would be better when the waters churning but it's not always the case.  Wind is going to shift all the way around to NW by morning which should make for another morning of ideal conditions.

DSCF3191.JPG

2 hours ago, fishless said:

Took a late drive yesterday and saw small bait everywhere in the back.  Added a dropper loop and small white teaser ahead of my plug and tagged an even dozen and went home.  

Blues or Stripers ? 

4 hours ago, MC55 said:

I guess my skunk buddy decided to sleep in this morning.  Hit a beach I haven't fished yet this year and found great looking water from that ESE wind that started yesterday.  Surf was rolling and just beginning to get a bit dirty in some spots.  Managed to find three and had a few more bumps that I'm sure were from fluke.  As rough and rolling as the surf was, everything was on the teaser.  Just goes to show ya these fish can find the smallest offering even in wild conditions.  You would think bigger would be better when the waters churning but it's not always the case.  Wind is going to shift all the way around to NW by morning which should make for another morning of ideal conditions.

DSCF3191.JPG

It never ceases to amaze me.  Even in washing machine conditions in a nor’easter, they can somehow hone in on my 1.5 oz bucktail as soon as it hits the water. 

Went out midday same place i went to yesterday scouting for some spanish ran into some cocktails. Got into a surprise striper bite that lasted 20 minutes. Got everything using a small profile. Saw some spanish airing out in the distance but didnt have the time to stick around and see if they would move in. @ridenfish

41 mins ago, R.O.G said:

Went out back In Raritan bay. Tons of small bait, only could find snappers on them though. Bugs got unbearable once the rain slowed up.

You catch any snappers? Got skunked earlier this week at the RB.