September 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

UncleJohn

1 hour ago, Sevendust111 said:

What size hooks were on the rig? 

4/0 octopus circle hooks.

Great advice. I am going to try gulp white 4inch today. Also will try gulp bloodworms on different rod next time while I figure out the best way to drag the lure suggested above.

Many thanks

Tried out front in central OC about an hour ago.  Tried some fish bites for kingfish and mullets for blues, but the washing machine that is the ocean was not cooperating.  The kids had fun running around the beach though.  So all good.

WechatIMG14014.jpeg

Only had an hour this morning so I hid from the howling NE wind and hit an inside RB spot that usually hold short bass and blues when time and tide cooperate.   They were there this morning.  Three bass to 24 inches.  One bluefish. 

Today was also the first day I seen some meaningful amounts of mullet.  Lots of them. 

Hmmmm, can't believe there are no reports from this morning.  Stiff NNE wind and lots of very fishy looking white water when I got there.  It was a challenge making a good presentation, but there was a pay off if you kept at it.  First mullet sighting this along with some smaller bait in the suds so the switch was flipped.  Had fish busting and a few birds looking for the small stuff.  Landed 9 up to 27 inches and lost a number of others.  As the tide dropped out so did the action and the cabbage started to become annoying.  Even though it was blowing a bit hard you have to get out when it's NNE.

DSCF3209.JPG

DSCF3211.JPG

8 mins ago, MC55 said:

Hmmmm, can't believe there are no reports from this morning.  Stiff NNE wind and lots of very fishy looking white water when I got there.  It was a challenge making a good presentation, but there was a pay off if you kept at it.  First mullet sighting this along with some smaller bait in the suds so the switch was flipped.  Had fish busting and a few birds looking for the small stuff.  Landed 9 up to 27 inches and lost a number of others.  As the tide dropped out so did the action and the cabbage started to become annoying.  Even though it was blowing a bit hard you have to get out when it's NNE.

DSCF3209.JPG

DSCF3211.JPG

All of the above. Just tried to get back out on this tide, Italian wedding ball soup, the good kind with lots of escarole-wind is laying down but weeds pretty bad

47 mins ago, MC55 said:

Would love to know how you made it work in the 20 mph NE winds this morning.  Everything I threw didn’t go far into that wind and with the strong southern sweep it was down the beach if I didn’t reel in quick.  I couldn’t keep any of the lures in the strike zone long enough, not even to ride in the lip.  

I did see adult bunker being picked out by birds right at my feet.  It was definitely fishy.  

4 hours ago, dgul said:

Would love to know how you made it work in the 20 mph NE winds this morning.  Everything I threw didn’t go far into that wind and with the strong southern sweep it was down the beach if I didn’t reel in quick.  I couldn’t keep any of the lures in the strike zone long enough, not even to ride in the lip.  

I did see adult bunker being picked out by birds right at my feet.  It was definitely fishy.  

Bucktails, lead headed shad, something heavy enough to punch thru the wind. Don’t have to cast 50 yds just get in the white water. 

Edited by fishingnuke

• Sudsy locked this topic