zybathegeek

A President in waiting - Drunk as a Skunk

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

The Speaker of the House is third in line for Presidency should calamity occur, and yes this drunken, incoherent harridan is it! You Dems must be proud of such scintillating leadership.

Sorry about the linked video, YouTube would ban and remove it in a New York minute if posted there. It destroys the narrative that the Dems are the party of competence, coherence, and integrity.

Discuss.

Pelosi-drunk as a skunk during press conference.mov

3 mins ago, dena said:

The video looks slowed down, to me.

Not that she isn't a drunk harridan, but that video looks manipulated to me.

The slow gestures match the slurred speech, she is slammed!

I tried uploading this to my back-up youtube account and YT stopped the upload midstream. 

It said it was identical to one that had already been banned. 

YT/Google are silencing everything that plays badly on the Left. TOTAL censorship! 

7 mins ago, J said:

I tried uploading this to my back-up youtube account and YT stopped the upload midstream. 

It said it was identical to one that had already been banned. 

YT/Google are silencing everything that plays badly on the Left. TOTAL censorship! 

These media giants are afraid that a Trump second term will clip their wings, and censure the censorship.

21 mins ago, dena said:

I think this video is old, and been debunked as manipulated, slowed down to exaggerate her slightly slurred speech.

You know, I just googled 'Pelosi drunk video'

Not surprising that the usual Charticus suspects claim that the video was misleading, quote 'partly false'

Right! Which part?

Pelosi has all the pathology: The real evidence was at the last State of The Union where she tore up Trump's speech in a fit of infantile rage.

Cognitive Impairment and Recovery From Alcoholism

Brain damage is a common and potentially severe consequence of long-term, heavy alcohol consumption. Even mild-to-moderate drinking can adversely affect cognitive functioning (i.e., mental activities that involve acquiring, storing, retrieving, and using information) (1). Persistent cognitive impairment can contribute to poor job performance in adult alcoholics, and can interfere with learning and academic achievement in adolescents with an established pattern of chronic heavy drinking (2). A small but significant proportion of the heaviest drinkers may develop devastating, irreversible brain-damage syndromes, such as Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome, a disorder in which the patient is incapable of remembering new information for more than a few seconds (3).

It stands to reason that cognitive impairment also may impede recovery from alcoholism, although evidence has not conclusively shown this to be the case.  For example, Morgenstern and Bates (4) studied whether deficits in a patient's learning and planning abilities-core aspects of many treatment strategies-affected recovery from alcoholism. They found that impairment was not a significant predictor of poor treatment response. On the other hand, evidence does support the possibility that brain damage, whether resulting from or predating alcohol use, may contribute to the development and progression of alcoholism (5).

Designing practical strategies to cope with the complex combination of alcoholism and cognitive impairment requires an understanding of the nature of cognitive functions and their interactions with structural and functional brain abnormalities. This issue of Alcohol Alert describes the nature and consequences of common alcohol-associated cognitive defects, explores the extent to which some cognitive abilities recover with abstinence, and summarizes recent research on the effects of cognitive deficits on alcoholism treatment outcome.

Cognition and Alcohol

Most alcoholics exhibit mild-to-moderate deficiencies in intellectual functioning (6), along with diminished brain size and regional changes in brain-cell activity. The most prevalent alcohol-associated brain impairments affect visuospatial abilities and higher cognitive functioning (7). Visuospatial abilities include perceiving and remembering the relative locations of objects in 2- and 3-dimensional space. Examples include driving a car or assembling a piece of furniture based on instructions contained in a line drawing. Higher cognitive functioning includes the abstract-thinking capabilities needed to organize a plan, set it in motion, and change it as needed (2).

Most alcoholics entering treatment perform as well as nonalcoholics on tests of overall intelligence. However, alcoholics perform poorly on neuropsychological tests that measure specific cognitive abilities (8). For example, an alcoholic who has remained abstinent after treatment may have no apparent difficulty filing office documents correctly, a task that engages multiple brain regions. However, that same person might be unable to devise a completely different filing system, a task closely associated with higher cognitive functioning.