luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - September 2020

Rate this topic

134 posts in this topic

Yeah on AIVA it was starting over wash tonight at high tide. Fully expect closures the closer we get to the New Moon and the storm passing by at sea. 

Around 5pm tonight and 6pm tomorrow are going to be some good high tides.  Guessing they will leave it closed till Wednesday or Thursday with the tides.

21 mins ago, Stryper Snyper said:

Got this little guy in a crab pot.  In of all places Love Creek off Rehoboth Bay   

IMG_20200913_165350053.jpg

These little spade fish have been all over, we were getting ready for the WMO they were all over the docs down there. 

Went out yesterday, before the closures.  First time getting out since the spring run.  Beach has changed a lot, of course... its narrow all the way down, and the ‘new’ nest area that’s supposed to be where the next closure is at, is nearly impassable at high tide as it is.

we will be facing closure issues with higher tides and over wash.  

caught a steady pic of spot, kings/whiting, and pomps yesterday... no luck on the big rods with fresh heads.

beach wasn’t very busy, had no one setup near me, could of wore my speedo, no problem.... 

30 mins ago, luckyOC said:

Went out yesterday, before the closures.  First time getting out since the spring run.  Beach has changed a lot, of course... its narrow all the way down, and the ‘new’ nest area that’s supposed to be where the next closure is at, is nearly impassable at high tide as it is.

we will be facing closure issues with higher tides and over wash.  

caught a steady pic of spot, kings/whiting, and pomps yesterday... no luck on the big rods with fresh heads.

beach wasn’t very busy, had no one setup near me, could of wore my speedo, no problem.... 

I like fishing on the moon phases especially the new. Got to change that this fall it seems. Probably be lucky to make it out at all the way it seems now.

1 hour ago, luckyOC said:

1 hour ago, luckyOC said:

Bummer,  Hate to drive 11 hrs end of month with early October full moon and beach closes like last year.  Sure do miss the place.

Just a heads up for anyone driving on AIVA, if you fish high tide plan to be out for a couple of hours after high. Overwash for a good bit as soon as you get on the OSV....

Posted (edited) · Report post

Not trying to scare people off (Dave)...  Its not horrible, I was able to leave pretty much untouched a hour or so before High tide, with a east wind and 5ft surf.  But if there is a storm and high tides, it will overwash.

One good thing is the beach is higher down south, but narrower if that makes sense... its not flat like it was the spring/winter.  when i got down to pope bay, i had to double check the markers, it looks pretty much the same.  Just wondering how long the turtle closure will be up.

Edited by luckyOC

Has anyone found a way to find out about AIMD OSV closures? The current conditions on the website is not current and the facebook page isn't updated regularly.  Also, if you try to talk to a ranger all you get is an opportunity to leave a message.