Njsurfer90

Headed to old orchard beach

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Hello folks I’m going to old orchard beach in Maine for Labor Day weekend playing to wet a line the whole weekend was wondering any flies the work out here .. if what I use here in nj or should I try deferent patterns was thing of bringing some closers and flatwings and candies and some peanut patterns .. any help would be appreciated thanks  

Grey over White EP peanuts with a couple strands of flash. Tie em so sparse you can just about see thru them. 1 1/2” to 2” long. 
Be ready to be running and gunning. Binocs will help. 
Enjoy. That’s my hometown. 

20 hours ago, Njsurfer90 said:

Hello folks I’m going to old orchard beach in Maine for Labor Day weekend playing to wet a line the whole weekend was wondering any flies the work out here .. if what I use here in nj or should I try deferent patterns was thing of bringing some closers and flatwings and candies and some peanut patterns .. any help would be appreciated thanks  

If you're driving up from NJ then a short detour may allow you time to stop at the Eldredge Brothers Fly shop in Cape Neddick ME.    They'd be a good resource for the skinny on Maine SW FF.

HT

5f4ebfc4367fe_EldridgeBros.jpg.ca8d61df385e52eae80740461c1583d7.jpg

19 hours ago, HillTop said:

If you're driving up from NJ then a short detour may allow you time to stop at the Eldredge Brothers Fly shop in Cape Neddick ME.    They'd be a good resource for the skinny on Maine SW FF.

HT

5f4ebfc4367fe_EldridgeBros.jpg.ca8d61df385e52eae80740461c1583d7.jpg

Thanks for the deff going to try to stop and see if I pick up some flies to try thanks for the heads up