Angler #1

Now to get my beach plums

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

ready for some jam and jelly. I picked my one and only beach plum tree that had fruit out of the 8 I have planted. We were able to pick enough hopefully for good batch 8 to 9 jars. I decided to pick them earlier than normal as I have the same problem with cat Birds on this fruit as I do on the tomatoes.. I can let them ripen more in the house safely and with the ones I picked from my outside source of wild ones we should be able to have a little left over to add to another jam we are waiting to pick , my wild apples . So the work begins Peace and Prayers

3 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

ready for some jam and jelly....

Carl, I always enjoyed the little jar of jam you and Judy made and gave to me when ever I was down your way. Delish.

Edited by Joe G

2 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

never tried them, what would you compare then to?

It really depends upon where we are able to get our fruit. The wild ones are smaller and harder to get. I had several places on Town neck now all gone from the erosion problems and a local shop that decided to remover them all together      THe cultivated ones my 8 trees do not produce every year and are larger in size. The next time you come down remind me and I will see if you can go home with a jar . It has a delicate taste and you can determine that one for your self. Peace and Prayers.

17 mins ago, Joe G said:

Carl, I always enjoyed the little jar of jam you and Judy made and gave to me when ever I was down your way. Delish.

Joe the supply at times depends upon when Our grandchildren show up and what they get to take home. We began to add a few more to the list over the years and the paradise jam is hard to keep in stock as is the beach plum. We still have a good source for crab apples and last year a good supply with hard picked apples has put some more flavors of the self . Peace and Prayers

2 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

It really depends upon where we are able to get our fruit. The wild ones are smaller and harder to get. I had several places on Town neck now all gone from the erosion problems and a local shop that decided to remover them all together      THe cultivated ones my 8 trees do not produce every year and are larger in size. The next time you come down remind me and I will see if you can go home with a jar . It has a delicate taste and you can determine that one for your self. Peace and Prayers.

Was just wondering,  

Will trade you some Italian cookies or something like that :howdy:

growing up  near the beaches we'd have a field day picking tons of beach plums...watched my mother boil them down and putting it in cheese cloth dripping into a large pot...adding some sugar and then filling jars at some point she'd put wax on top of the jam then the lids.

10 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Was just wondering,  

Will trade you some Italian cookies or something like that :howdy:

I like your bartering approach and that will work for sure my friend Peace and PrAYRS