ShrinkTube Help

Rate this topic

Eric_H

Was going to take a stab at replacing some cork tape with shrink-tube on an older rod of mine myself.  I’m not a builder so very unfamiliar with epoxy types, etc....

Think I’m good on most of it.  Except for what would be the right product to get to seal it up against the reel seat like in this photo below?

89CCDC43-FEF3-474F-9D3A-F3169499A9ED.jpeg.8457c98e59923936e5d4d059eb3aca2f.jpeg

I normally use thread epoxy like threadmaster or whatever you want but I'm sure you could use 5 minute epoxy.

Assuming you don't have a drier to spin the rod it would probably easier to just use something that sets up faster. I would just tape off the areas you don;t want epoxy on with tape and brush on the epoxy and take the tape off.  

5 mins ago, Pootitoot said:

I normally use thread epoxy like threadmaster or whatever you want but I'm sure you could use 5 minute epoxy.

Assuming you don't have a drier to spin the rod it would probably easier to just use something that sets up faster. I would just tape off the areas you don;t want epoxy on with tape and brush on the epoxy and take the tape off.  

Thanks, I have 5 minute epoxy but wanted to make sure that would do it.  Sounds like it will, and appreciate the guidance on tape.  Thanks again!