moonbat

Here's a Poll We Won't See from Our Resident Poll Maven

Rate this topic

55 posts in this topic

From the Military Times. 

I would have C&Ped more,  but there were too many embedded links.

Questions:

Why is Trump's support less than that of past Republican presidents?    Or is this Fake News?

As Trump’s popularity slips in latest Military Times poll, more troops say they’ll vote for Biden

Why is Trump's support less than that of other Republican presidents?  Or is The Military Times fake news?

Still, the dipping popularity among troops — considered by Republican Party leaders to be part of the base of Trump’s support — could prove problematic for the president in the upcoming election.

Among active-duty service members surveyed in the poll, 41 percent said they would vote for Biden, the Democratic nominee, if the election was held today. Only 37 percent said they plan to vote to re-elect Trump.

Another 13 percent said they plan to vote for a third-party candidate, and nearly 9 percent said they plan on skipping the election altogether. About 40 percent of troops surveyed identified as Republican or Libertarian, 16 percent Democrats, and 44 percent independent or another party.

“It’s fair to say that Trump is not as popular as Republican nominees have been in the past among this group,” said Peter Feaver, a White House adviser to former President George W. Bush who now works as a political science professor at Duke University. “The bottom line is that in 2020, Trump can’t be claiming to have overwhelming support in the military.”

Is this another one of those overweighted Democrat heavy polls?

I'm curious why so many would vote for a candidate (Biden) that they know is going to gut the military.

While my interaction with active military folks isn't as much as it used to be, those numbers might be true of those that actually responded, it's not indicative of the active and reserve military folks I know.  Same goes for FF's and police.

Me I'll continue to say polls are for pikers, a stance I've held long before Trump beat the Who'r of Babylon.

Like a moth to a flame, you moonie, of all people shouldn't even mention the word "poll", let alone discuss them.

32 mins ago, Markushook said:

Why would troops vote, against, the guy who wants to bring them home? 

Yep.  Its fake

The only military person I know that is not voting for Trump is a rabid Lib with no grip on reality. 

He posts here often. Knewbee is his name. 

I live 1 mile as the crow flies from an Air National Guard Base. No BS! Old Nike site..... 

The personal vehicles coming and going have Trump stickers on them. 

I have not seen a single Biden sticker yet. 

Capture.JPG.75a2a2b1f91f8905a6bbeec712e643d5.JPG

43 mins ago, Markushook said:

And shore up the VA so they have better care when they get here...

49 mins ago, Markushook said:

Lol 

when is it going to happen 

republicans are too emotional

you focus on what politicians tell you they want to do

and how it makes you feel

and not on what they actually do. 

Military servicemember support for Trump has fallen, but not too far.    Surprised that his disapproval among  military has not fallen further.

"...the drop in Trump’s popularity in the poll (conducted with the same parameters over the past four years) indicates growing dissatisfaction with Trump and his handling of several military issues.

When asked specifically about Trump’s handling of military issues, nearly 48 percent of the troops surveyed said they had an unfavorable view of that part of his job, compared to 44 percent who believe he has handled that task well. That marks a significant drop from the 2018 Military Times poll, when 59 percent said they were happy with his handling of military issues, against 20 percent who had an unfavorable view.

In the time since the 2018 poll, Trump fired his popular former defense secretary, retired Marine Corps Gen. Jim Mattis. Trump also ordered a controversial and sudden withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria, and became the subject of impeachment hearings in the House over the delay of military assistance funding to Ukraine.

Also, in the days before the poll closed in December, Trump made the controversial decision to grant clemency to three warfighters accused of war crimes, a move that was opposed by many military leaders at the Pentagon..." 

Annotation 2020-08-31 100423.jpg

7 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

Lol 

when is it going to happen 

republicans are too emotional

you focus on what politicians tell you they want to do

and how it makes you feel

and not on what they actually do. 

In reality, Trump is bringing troops home

You say differently? 

Can you support that?  

Or are you simply blathering?