Patrick9915

Pencil Popper

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Not sure if you have used an outcast pencil before but I have been loving them of late. really cool shape. kind of wish they had a lighter 10" floater.

6 mins ago, Billybob said:

Are you planning to produce volume and sell them, or are you just doing this for fun?

Just for fun and to save a little money. These lures cost like 5 bucks to make if you don't count labor.  I don't because that's the fun part.  I want to start tinkering with my own designs. 

23 mins ago, Reed422 said:

Not sure if you have used an outcast pencil before but I have been loving them of late. really cool shape. kind of wish they had a lighter 10" floater.

I see they have a couple of models.  I'll see if I can whip something out.  How much would you like it to weigh and how would you like it to float? 

2 mins ago, Patrick9915 said:

I see they have a couple of models.  I'll see if I can whip something out.  How much would you like it to weigh and how would you like it to float? 

They currently make a 10" that is between 4-5 oz depending on the plug. I don't care about weight as long as it floats. Would probably have to be at least 3oz.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I'm serious. They've been seen running inshore of the Shrewsbury rocks. Best chance to hook up in years!

Not a joke, had them up in front of me within a long cast . . . Not the first time I’ve seen this.