VA Democrats....Assaulting Police is OK.

Rate this topic

Mr. Bigdeal

Don't even respond to that.........

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

5 hours ago, KnewBee said:

Virginia Democrats: "Assaulting Police is OK"

I followed the link provided under the "quote"   "Assaulting Police is OK" and no where in the document is that quote listed.  In fact, I cannot find that quote anywhere except here in the PG.

I could understand if you stated "I think this means"   or "I believe what this means is..."  

But to post  " Virginia Democrats: "Assaulting Police is OK"  is disingenuous and dishonest.  

So how come you did not answer my question?

Talk about "is disingenuous and dishonest" how about showing us in the bill where it says what you stated instead of your quote from the AP, which I said, is about as valuable as the ink it took them to write it.

But that is your typical tactic, spout stuff you can only back up with media lies........

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

3 hours ago, Steve in Mass said:

So how come you did not answer my question?

Talk about "is disingenuous and dishonest" how about showing us in the bill where it says what you stated instead of your quote from the AP, which I said, is about as valuable as the ink it took them to write it.

But that is your typical tactic, spout stuff you can only back up with media lies........

I will answer.   The OP posted a statement in quotation.  Usually, quoting something said means that someone said it.  Disengenuous and dishonest.

I know dam well what the bill states and nowhere does it say the democrats say that "assaulting police is OK"

Not sure if the whole post is ignorant or just lacks proper grammar.  

Nothing to do with "media" and everything to do with improper "quotes"

9 hours ago, KnewBee said:

you shouldn't place words in a quote that were never spoken.

You should also cite quoted words with a source.  Here, let me show you

"RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - The Virginia Senate has approved legislation that would eliminate a six-month mandatory minimum sentence for assaulting a police officer.

The bill was approved despite strenuous objections from Republicans who said it disrespects police at a time when they have come under attack during nationwide protests.

Democrats said the legislation does not minimize the crime of assaulting a police officer, but instead makes a distinction between serious assaults and minor assaults.

The bill keeps the charge as a felony, but gives a judge or jury discretion to reduce it to a misdemeanor if there is no bodily injury or if someone’s culpability is slight because of diminished capacity or a developmental disorder."  Bold added for emphasis.

DENISE LAVOIE Associated Press | August 26, 2020 at 10:51 PM EDT - Updated August 26 at 11:36 PM

Says the biggest fabricator here other than that Star guy.

Awesome.:th:

13 hours ago, KnewBee said:

I will answer.   The OP posted a statement in quotation.  Usually, quoting something said means that someone said it.  Disengenuous and dishonest.

I know dam well what the bill states and nowhere does it say the democrats say that "assaulting police is OK"

Not sure if the whole post is ignorant or just lacks proper grammar.  

Nothing to do with "media" and everything to do with improper "quotes"

You don't even seem to know what question I asked you.... :rolleyes:

It has NOTHING to do with anything you said in the quote above.

Edited by Steve in Mass

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

SOL Member #174

23 hours ago, KnewBee said:

The bill keeps the charge as a felony, but gives a judge or jury discretion to reduce it to a misdemeanor if there is no bodily injury or if someone’s culpability is slight because of diminished capacity or a developmental disorder."  Bold added for emphasis.

DENISE LAVOIE Associated Press | August 26, 2020 at 10:51 PM EDT - Updated August 26 at 11:36 PM

To remind you what I asked, I said show me in the BILL ITSELF where it says that, not just some quote from the AP, which is a worthless media source.

SOL Member #174