New to Fishing and want to know what lures I should get

Rate this topic

Agon2003

22 hours ago, Agon2003 said:

Hi,

im relatively knew to fishing with lures. I’ve been fishing with bait since I was 5 but want to get into fishing for strippers with lures.

I am a high school student so I don’t have a ton of money I was just wondering a few lures I should get to start with.

I fish on the south shore of Massachusetts and would also like to know some spots if anyone fishes around here too

No need to get complicated!! I assume you have a rod and reel already. If you were down in NJ I could make you up a bag with the basics as I have lots of spares of things, this being my main hobby. I'd say get a 6" SP minnow in bone or black/purple, a few bucktails 3/4 and up to like 2 or 3 oz, a few tins (metal lures) and maybe some soft plastics like weighted swim shads. A few pencils and you are set. If you have a $100.00 you could buy everything you need. I also recommend a spool of leader material and 75 lb tactical anglers clips so you can switch out your presentations on the fly. Welcome to the addictive world of plugging for striped bass

Smoke 'em if you got 'em, we're going down