Hero of Kenosha - incident hot wash

Rate this topic

fishweewee

A few thoughts crossed my mind as the events of Kenosha, WI became clearer.

-The incident was started by another person (presumably a rioter) who shot at the kid with a pistol.  The distance was ~25 yds or longer. 

-The pistol bullets missed the kid.  Most untrained people suck with a handgun, because a handgun is harder to shoot than a rifle.

-How many of you are confident you can take a 25 yd pistol shot at a dude with a rifle?  Are you aware that is a thing in training circles?  Are you prepared?  Are you willing to practice this regularly ?

-The kid quickly got off the X and ran from that gunfire.

-The kid had some training with his carbine.  He was carrying low ready and trigger finger straight.  He had muzzle and trigger finger discipline and was situationally aware.

-The kid had an appropriate 2 point adjustable sling and a red dot optic.  This suggests again, he had some training and practice.

-I point this out because - yes, you can attempt a gun grab on an UNTRAINED shooter (like your garden variety maniac school shooter)

-As mono bicep dude found out, not a good idea to try to disarm a trained and determined rifleman up close.

-The kid made up his mind he was gonna use his rifle, and he used it under very stressful conditions.  Mindset is everything!

-That said, it looked like he had a few misses.  For example, I'm not sure the child-molester dude was shot in the head; it looked like a grazing wound.  Where did that bullet go?  The kid is responsible for every round that left his barrel.

-You probably want to be in good physical shape if you're going to be ready for something like this.

-The kid bought a remarkable amount of time and space after the 3 commies were shot - they scurried like roaches in the light, thus enabling him to get out of dodge and towards safety.

-Last night was relatively peaceful in Kenosha, WI.  I wonder what made that happen.

Edited by fishweewee

So these people are carrying firearms interstate with no probable cause for LE to check...really....it's out the window....laws are now only for the law abiding......omo.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

One thing I took away from it and it was from not the kid.  

Glock guy.  Screaming for aid. He could have easily dressed that wound one handed.   Men have done alot more with alot worse injuries. 

I ordered a basic IFAK kit ($52 from NA Rescue) with torinquet (CAT 7) and will add to the kit and training as time and money allow. 

Edited by PSegnatelli

Was interesting to me that this 17 year old (a minor) had his name revealed, as well as his race. We have kids in CT stealing cars and running people over, never get any info “because we do not report name or details about minors”. Maybe just my state that’s eff’d up but sure seems there’s a double standard with media playing the liberal/progressive tune. 

I forgot to mention a little bit more about the sling.

If you have an AR (well, any long gun, really) and you want to move with it and hold onto it, you need a quality 2 point adjustable sling that mounts on the 9 o'clock side of your rifle.

Watching the videos, look how snugly that rifle holds to Kyle's body - that's because he has a good sling and reliable attachment points.

I'm partial to the Blue Force Gear VCAS 2 point adjustable (designed by Larry Vickers). 

Others include VTAC (Kyle Lamb), Sheriff of Baghdad (John McPhee) etc.

2 hours ago, Good2Go said:

Was interesting to me that this 17 year old (a minor) had his name revealed, as well as his race. We have kids in CT stealing cars and running people over, never get any info “because we do not report name or details about minors”. Maybe just my state that’s eff’d up but sure seems there’s a double standard with media playing the liberal/progressive tune. 

I thought under the age of 16 was considered a minor? At 17 he's almost considered an adult. I say "almost" cause he's not old enough to buy a gun and old enough to die for his country with a gun in his hand.

fishinambition  Posted June 30 ·After a decade and a half of trolling and disrupting the website, frank's finally fed up with Tim's bull****