dawgfsh

Saragossa SWA

Rate this topic

55 posts in this topic

39 mins ago, Pierce said:

Is this reel in par with Daiwa BG2020? Or better? 

Anytime I'm making a comparison between a daiwa and a Shimano I have to take their quality of service into account...

Daiwa has some of the worst, slowest and most costly service I've experienced... and their mag seals are a PITA IMO... I don't want to think about where I can and can not put a little oil after a cleaning.. 

Meanwhile shimano service is a dream.. it has always been an absolute pleasure to deal w them..

So even if these 2 reels were an exact match (which they are not, IMO the saragosa is a way better reel than a BG), Shimano would still get my $...

1 hour ago, Garshark572 said:

The Saragossa is more than double the bg in price

I checked, Gosa is roughly about $40-$50 more than BG2020 Monocoque

Edited by Pierce

42 mins ago, Pierce said:

Yes, i thinking abt the MQ. Can't dicide to get MQ or Gosa for surf fishing.

The Gosa is proven, less expensive, and for a reel worth servicing - Shimano has Daiwa beat.

Sure maybe you like Daiwa's big gears or line capacity, but messing around with spray/rime/sand/submersion means you want that historic certainty.

Also, post Stradic purchase; I'd swear Shimano's whip line better, too.

As a real novelty saragosa 14k 6.2ratio and FINALLY!! 18000 HG....in the mid-range there was maybe only one!, slammer hs 8500(superior to saltist, which is 98% a BG).

If you go with 6k or 8k I don't think there is much difference old 2013 SW (although discontinued) VS SW-A (should be sw-B")....Or if you need low ratio go with spheros 6k-10k.

Can they be compatible spool SW vs SW-A?

sw 6k for sw-a 5k (xg ratio)?

sw-a 14k xg put sw 8k-10k (gosa and spheros)?

sw 25k put in sw-a 18k hg?

It is confirmed that 5k-6k share rotor and body assembly. The medium ones also except the 14000 with part 21324 handle (maybe it is 80mm!!, like stella and saltiga)...and they still do not bring a backup ratchet (although it is expected, new stella does not have it either!).

So I just got two of these 6000 reels. Have fished one And the other one is unopened. Mine has the scratches that people have discussed (actually there are several light scratches). Much more irritating is that the reel makes some minor knocking sounds when cranked. I think it related to the change in direction of the shaft travel. Probably I can reduce/eliminate the issue if I open the reel and add more grease but so irritating that this happened on first use (it didn’t do When I spun the reel when I first got it out of the box).  Unfortunately ordered it from a shop in RI so I cannot return it locally. As well, as others have pointed out, these are In short supply so who knows when I would get a replacement. 

Scoob: it seems that I have all the bad luck with these ‘clinks’ in reels. You will recall I had 3 Slammers with the same issue. 

On 9/30/2020 at 0:55 AM, ZAFisher said:

Australia, they have had them for a while now.

Here you are 5000; 6000; 8000; 10000 and 14000

SRG8000SWAHG.pdf

SRG10000SWAPG.pdf

SRG5000SWAXG.pdf

SRG6000SWAHG.pdf

SRG14000SWAXG.pdf

On the subject of SW vs SWA Maybe I am missing what makes the difference in parts for Infinity Drive? On the SWA scat?