Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ben Lippen

About the Ditch....

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

I'm tryin ta figure out what I need ta bring. Dubs has been kind enuf to lend me an outfit, and I'll hit Tim/the store for all of my tackle. But what else might I need? Do I have to buy a pair of one use "new and improved" Korkers? I will, but I need to know soon. I'm guessin from the pictures that waders are not neccesary, but what about rain pants? I really don't have a clue guys, and my buying time is short cause I'm so busy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This will be my one and only true vacation this year so I wanna be totally prepared.

------------------

SOL#1886

Recovering Idiot

9-11-01 Never Forget Never Relent

I fish the Ditch pretty regularly and hardly ever wear Korkers. What size ya need. I have a pair of XL you can borrow while you are up here.And as far as boots go all I usually wear is knee high rubber boots. Only use waders in spring live lining.

I have a question also. What is the service road made of? Reason I ask is I picked up a nice Schwinn girls bike the other day but it has the skinny tires like you would find on a ten speed. I don't want to go through all the hassle of rigging it up only to find out that I can't use it because the tires are too skinny to deal with the road surface. We talkin' dirt, bluestone, or concrete/pavement?

Yeah...and are there any telephone poles or trees or other stationary objects where someone can lock-up a non-girl's bicycle that they want to see again after busy landing large?

I fish the Ditch pretty regularly and hardly ever wear Korkers. What size ya need. I have a pair of XL you can borrow while you are up here.And as far as boots go all I usually wear is knee high rubber boots. Only use waders in spring live lining.

N.G. Thanks. They would fit my size twelve feet. I just don't wanna go up there and fall and konk my head. Or worse yet, blow out one of my already fragile knees while tryin to relax and enjoy the fishin'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a question also. What is the service road made of? Reason I ask is I picked up a nice Schwinn girls bike the other day but it has the skinny tires like you would find on a ten speed. I don't want to go through all the hassle of rigging it up only to find out that I can't use it because the tires are too skinny to deal with the road surface. We talkin' dirt, bluestone, or concrete/pavement? [posted by squidlips]

Hmmm, I wonder if I could rig up a bike to fit in my plug bag......wink.gif

------------------

SOL#1886

Recovering Idiot

9-11-01 Never Forget Never Relent

Now I'm Coming!!!! BM's wearing nothing at the Ditch. Whoo Hoo...now we'll see what kindof wood his plugs are made of...er...never mind. When is the fling anyway? Scott

Ben, last Saturday night's Sluggo-Palooza at the Ditch was my first time there as well. I'll PM you about what worked for me and what I might have done differently. the main thing to remember, though, is to stay far, far away from BM, especially if he's talking about his pants. smile.gif