IF you are having trouble logging in or staying logged in ×

Match my Ardito Travel Surf rod to a reel

Rate this topic

timforbus

Folks,

Looking for a good match for an Ardito Travel Surf rod (ARDT1105MFS-TR) I was given as a present. Leaning toward Saltist4000.

By the way, my VS200 balances well with it but does not fit in the reel seat

Any thoughts?

Edited by timforbus

I would never travel (other than in a car) with expensive gear

I nearly lost my travel rod on my Alaska trip last year. Waited at the carousel for it, never came out,. Pretty sure the only reason it didn't go home with an airport employee is because I completely lost it on them. Took management to find it.

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

18 mins ago, Sudsy said:

I nearly lost my travel rod on my Alaska trip last year. Waited at the carousel for it, never came out,. Pretty sure the only reason it didn't go home with an airport employee is because I completely lost it on them. Took management to find it.

Is the Ardento expensive?

I actually had a pretty expensive combo stolen when I was in Florida, a Penn Torque 9 with a 7ft6in Okuma Makaira spinning rod. There was 500yds of Berkley Pro Spec on that reel too, $100 worth of line.

Fortunately, my insurance company covered the entire set-up, line and all.

When I fly basically all my rods and reels come on the plane with me.

I like my 9ft 50/50 split Tackle Industries musky rods. The MH version that casts 1oz to 4oz goes with me everywhere, literally. It fits in any overhead bin and casts the majority of any jig, swimbait, metal, or plug that you might want.

Going to Florida it is my primary snook, snapper, grouper rod and on the East coast it is great for jetties, piers, and as a black fish rod. It balances well with all your big low pros and most of your small conventionals like your Avet SX's and Penn Fathom 15's.

It is also cheap as far as rods in its class go along with a $50 no questions asked warrenty.

Edited by Beastly Backlash

On 8/27/2020 at 4:09 PM, Sudsy said:

Sudsy, sorry to hear about your trip, you landed and ready to fish but your fishing gear is missing.......
I travel a few times a year with my fishing gear. I have a Plano Jumbo Airliner rod case and always fit 3 or 4 Century rods and all my fishing lures. Quite expensive and I am not sure if my insurance will cover all...  Never been lost once, although it did get damaged once on the outside. It looks like I am very lucky so far.

(*member formerly known as 'Ricardo8')