Kanine Kleenup

Group of people destroying the snapper bluefish population taking hundreds

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

Taken from the "Recreational saltwater fishing regulations"

Fishing from shore or PRIVATE vessel = 3 fish, no size limit.

Fishing on a for-hire trip = 5 fish, no size limit

These are probably the same people that leave all their trash behind at that access too. Loads of Styrofoam plates from the chicken legs they use to take the crabs.

sick of the trash everywhere,not following the rules,all about me attitude,i no speaka english BS crap.My one asian friend keeps posting his illegal catches on facebook.I keep telling him to read the regs or he will be sorry when EPO catch him but he always gives me a bs answer like "all those fish were from four guys","all the fish were 19-24 inches"(when clearly they are 12),"all the blue crabs were 6 inch"(which would make the few legal ones in the picture around 14 inches),any person with a brain can see his post are nothing but illegal nonsense.

Edited by hotfishgirl

It’s frustrating, and even more frustrating that often it’s commercial fishing as these illegal fish end up served in restaurants, my buddy lives on a pond and has had to kick out a group keeping everything and driving an expensive vehicle registered to the address of an Asian restaurant counties away...

Our resources are being exploited like nothing I have ever seen. Fishing info given to the masses has been a disaster. 

Edited by Tailslap

Has anyone had any experiences confronting or talking to these poachers?  I think I would have a tendency to tell these people that what they doing is wrong and that I disapprove.  Not sure how that would go down.

9 mins ago, caddisfly said:

Has anyone had any experiences confronting or talking to these poachers?  I think I would have a tendency to tell these people that what they doing is wrong and that I disapprove.  Not sure how that would go down.

They know they are breaking catch limits and sizes.

They simply don't care.

Best thing one can do is call it in and hope for some enforcement.

On 8/27/2020 at 7:18 AM, Dthfrmabove said:

Same group cleaned out my blue claws. Came with 15 people and 3 canoes. Left with six 5 gallon pails which theY  quickly put in one car and drive off with !!!!  I recognize the cars from where I saw them before. Looked like a damn armada of boats when I got there. Same old same old every year 

Post up a pic.

On 8/27/2020 at 7:18 AM, Dthfrmabove said:

Same group cleaned out my blue claws. Came with 15 people and 3 canoes. Left with six 5 gallon pails which theY  quickly put in one car and drive off with !!!!  I recognize the cars from where I saw them before. Looked like a damn armada of boats when I got there. Same old same old every year 

30 gallons of crabs! Can you imagine how long it would take to clean all of them? Maybe that’s their punishment for taking so many?