Kanine Kleenup

Group of people destroying the snapper bluefish population taking hundreds

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

Weweantic River bridge every day this past week.. They are catching a lot of snapper blues. I called the EPOs.. shift change..who knows if they will get there... sucks. 

I know.. I’m pissed.. I can only take 3 for bait and they are taking hundreds to probably sell....I think it would be better if they blocked off that bridge parking space....

24 mins ago, Kanine Kleenup said:

I know.. I’m pissed.. I can only take 3 for bait and they are taking hundreds to probably sell....I think it would be better if they blocked off that bridge parking space....

Could they be Native Americans? Just a thought.

I saw the exact same thing at the mouth of the Herring River in Harwich last week. Two guys, and every cast they'd hook a fish and throw it into a bucket. 4-5 inch snappers. Not Native American but there's no limit on count or size anyway.

34 mins ago, MikeFlyGuy said:

I saw the exact same thing at the mouth of the Herring River in Harwich last week. Two guys, and every cast they'd hook a fish and throw it into a bucket. 4-5 inch snappers. Not Native American but there's no limit on count or size anyway.

Limit is 3

3 hours ago, Kanine Kleenup said:

Gotta excuse him, it was only said 3 times in the posts before his...

I'm sorry I made a mistake. Thank you for that commentary. I'm sure it served your well.

Are there signs up about the snapper limit?

I'm not being a smart ax, I honestly don't know. 

I confess I either forgot or maybe never knew they went to such a strict limit.

6 hours ago, MikeFlyGuy said:

I'm sorry I made a mistake. Thank you for that commentary. I'm sure it served your well.

I apologize, that comment was uncalled for. Brian

17 hours ago, Kanine Kleenup said:

Weweantic River bridge every day this past week.. They are catching a lot of snapper blues. I called the EPOs.. shift change..who knows if they will get there... sucks. 

Same group cleaned out my blue claws. Came with 15 people and 3 canoes. Left with six 5 gallon pails which theY  quickly put in one car and drive off with !!!!  I recognize the cars from where I saw them before. Looked like a damn armada of boats when I got there. Same old same old every year 

Sucks. Hope enforcement takes care of situation. 

It’s the fisherman’s responsibility to know the rules but I’m sure there’s lots of people who don’t care and others that don’t  realize there was a change. Need better education,notification, and enforcement. 

We are discussing people from Wareham following fishing laws on snapper blues? That is the least of Warehams problems hahah. Half the people walking around are high on drugs other than marijuana...