ridenfish

Anyone ever order a reel from Japan?

Rate this topic

89 posts in this topic

I have my eye on a few on Ebay, including the new Stradic SW.  Just worried I won't get it or it'll take 6 months to get here. 

19 mins ago, ridenfish said:

I have my eye on a few on Ebay, including the new Stradic SW.  Just worried I won't get it or it'll take 6 months to get here. 

I can't say much about the current situation, since some of the Japanese air-mail services aren't operating, but last time I ordered a JDM reel (April or Mar 2019) it took about 2 weeks, maybe a day or two less, to get it. 

I have never ordered JDM reels from ebay, however

Ordered a old Saltiga for a friend once and it arrived in 2 to 3 weeks. In the current situation I think it would take longer. Its a nice reel but he never uses it so wanting to take it off his hands next summer. Contact the seller maybe he can give you an accurate delivery time.

I ordered a reel from Amazon.jp on 7/24/2020 and received it 7/29.

I know Amazon and eBay are different situations, but thought the data point might be relevant for shipping/logistics concerns going from Japan to the US right now.  

I ordered bait casting reels from Japan wIth Asian Potral Fishing during June and July 2020. They arrived in 2weeks in good condition.

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, ridenfish said:

If japan lure shop has it in stock....they'll likely send a free megabass lure as a thank you.

Shipping takes like 4 days (pandemic may slow it a hair)

Shimreels and reelseller are legit ebay sellers..ordered from them and recommended them in the past all 5 stars

Edited by scoobydoo

1 hour ago, mandaragat said:

If you order from Digitaka or Plat, you might even get your gears faster than a tackle shop in your state.

And that's been the norm for years amazingly.

7 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

If japan lure shop has it in stock....they'll likely send a free megabass lure as a thank you.

Shipping takes like 4 days (pandemic may slow it a hair)

Shimreels and reelseller are legit ebay sellers..ordered from them and recommended them in the past all 5 stars

Thanks for the info.  Now I have to look.  I need a 4000 reel bad 

2 hours ago, ridenfish said:

I ordered rods from Japan. It takes a couple of weeks and I’ve not had issues.

Just now, sistm said:

I just ordered 4 Stradic FL reels. Literally took 3 days for them to be at my door. D i g i t a k a 

Wow that’s quick