Fluke1234

Using two teasers for fluke question.

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Fluke1234 said:

Hi, new to the forum. I bought a bunch of the fluke candy lures, didn't realise they were teasers. I'm new to using lures for fluke, but is it viable to rig up two teasers?

One of the favorite rigs on the south shore of Long Island is to make a 2 teaser rig with the sinker on the bottom.   Put a piece of gulp on each teaser.  If the current is strong you can just bounce the bottom and let the current move it along.  I caught 9 Fluke on Saturday doing just this.  

you can definitely throw two teasers on, but in my opinion it just gets too expensive. You go through a lot of gulp that way. For me, a Bucktail with a trailer 4 inch gulp swimming mullet and then a 4/0 bait holder hook with a plain white swimming mullet on it works best for me. 

Ah, I went on a buying spree. So the single bucktail attracts bigger fish?

I did catch a short at island beach state park today with a two teaser rig. So I'm learning.

Surf fluking is new to me, always been a killies guy.

20200827_173603.jpg

Edited by Fluke1234

On 8/26/2020 at 6:39 AM, Birdsnester said:

One of the favorite rigs on the south shore of Long Island is to make a 2 teaser rig with the sinker on the bottom.   Put a piece of gulp on each teaser.  If the current is strong you can just bounce the bottom and let the current move it along.  I caught 9 Fluke on Saturday doing just this.  

whenever the current is too strong to hold with a 2-4 oz bucktail effectively. I do this as well. Its called a chicken rig.