Mike132327

North Shore Long Island Fishing

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Good evening my friend and I are looking to do some fluke fishing on the north shore of Long Island anywhere from glen cove to northport around 5:30am-6:00am and fish the whole outgoing. We usually fish south shore but want to mix it up we will be fishing from our kayaks can anyone point us in the right direction? The waters south of Eaton’s neck and west of Lloyd harbor between oyster bay seem to have a lot of depth changes so I figured that would be a good place to launch from. I’ve been seeing a lot of reports for schoolie bass and blues should we try to target them instead? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Fishing the yak in Huntington would be the best bet for fluke.

Access is the biggest problem as there isn't much there for "out of towners".

You can go to Sunken Meadow State Park easily enough and go west towards the harbor entrance but that is a few miles.

You need to get a day permit to launch your kayak there.

5 hours ago, Jolly Green said:

Fishing the yak in Huntington would be the best bet for fluke.

Access is the biggest problem as there isn't much there for "out of towners".

You can go to Sunken Meadow State Park easily enough and go west towards the harbor entrance but that is a few miles.

You need to get a day permit to launch your kayak there.

I actually have a beach pass for Huntington and Oyster bay we ended up going south shore from a boat today due to wind but we’ll check out Huntington next go around. Thanks for the advice!