benellis960

Live Bait Near Kiptopeke VA

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I'm heading down to Kiptopeke this upcoming Fri- Mon for some fishing and camping. Just wanted to see if anyone knew of anywhere nearby or on the way (I'll be coming down Rt 13) that sells live blue claws and or live fiddler crabs. Thanks in advance!

I think there's a bait shop  called Hitches in Fruitland just south of Salisbury heading down 13. After that...must be some dealers in Crisfield...isnt that a huge crab picking town?

Thanks for the replies guys much appreciated! 

10 hours ago, oysterbreath said:

Call Chris's bait & tackle about 2 miles north of Kiptopeke and see what they have

Is that called Oceans East now? I thought I stopped there last year but I could be mixing them up. I called Oceans East and they won't know for sure until the day of whether or not their getting crabs. I'd prefer to have something locked in ahead of time if possible. Thanks!

14 hours ago, benellis960 said:

Is that called Oceans East now? I thought I stopped there last year but I could be mixing them up. I called Oceans East and they won't know for sure until the day of whether or not their getting crabs. I'd prefer to have something locked in ahead of time if possible. Thanks!

Yup, Oceans East bought them out this year.  

22 hours ago, benellis960 said:

They are 2 different shops. Chris's is 5 mins from Kipto. Oceans east is on the other side of the CBBT in VA beach.  Oceans east usually has fiddlers and blueclaws. Chris's sometimes has blueclaws. You can catch blueclaws at the kipto pier

On 8/26/2020 at 8:26 AM, odiemike86 said:

They are 2 different shops. Chris's is 5 mins from Kipto. Oceans east is on the other side of the CBBT in VA beach.  Oceans east usually has fiddlers and blueclaws. Chris's sometimes has blueclaws. You can catch blueclaws at the kipto pier

Chris's is no more, it's now Oceans East - Eastern Shore.