seed420

Quincy/Wollaston beaches

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys not looking for any specifics or spots or anything like that but the family and I are staying in Quincy about 2mins walk from the Wollaston beaches for the next week. Well obviously I'm going to do some fishing while I'm up here visiting. Just wanted to see how those beaches have been and what to expect? I'm not expecting to find the cows that'll be running the canal but just was curious about that area, bass, albies, bluefish, sea monsters? I brought my light travel rod and a bunch of my smaller plugs but just wanted to ask you local guys what I could expect from that area. Thank you fellas in advance for the help.

And yes I did bring dahtahs.

13 mins ago, seed420 said:

Hey guys not looking for any specifics or spots or anything like that but the family and I are staying in Quincy about 2mins walk from the Wollaston beaches for the next week. Well obviously I'm going to do some fishing while I'm up here visiting. Just wanted to see how those beaches have been and what to expect? I'm not expecting to find the cows that'll be running the canal but just was curious about that area, bass, albies, bluefish, sea monsters? I brought my light travel rod and a bunch of my smaller plugs but just wanted to ask you local guys what I could expect from that area. Thank you fellas in advance for the help.

And yes I did bring dahtahs.

Scout around Marina bay and the other end of the wolleston beach (river outlet). People fish around that area often.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Look for schools of Pogies and cast around them.....find the schools holding bass.

You may want to snag and drop on those said schools of Menhaden. 

Throw 9'' white sluggos during the day and black at night.

Night fishing with a neon light bobber and seaworms could work on that outfit too.

Good luck.  Fly  

Edited by flylikabird

There's a big park, Squantum Point Park, that ends in a sandbar, and there is also the Quincy Riverwalk along the Neponset as well. I'd give that sandbar a shot, and probably lots of spots along the riverwalk to try.The Neponset has muddy banks, be careful they can be slippery. 

5 hours ago, foxfai said:

Scout around Marina bay and the other end of the wolleston beach (river outlet). People fish around that area often.

The other end of the wolleston beach is called Blacks Creek At times the out going holds some fish Bass. or the other end called the Hummocks also hold some fish as well , just be careful if you go wading in waders. Peace and Prayers

I fished Quincy bay off my paddleboard yesterday at low tide. I never realized how shallow that bay really is. We were hard pressed to find more than 2-3 feet of water. Not a fish in sight