flyangler

Trump gets endorsement of NYPD union - Some Democrats Seething

Rate this topic

58 posts in this topic

I think this is a first for the union. But should any Democrats be shocked by this endorsement? Apparently, Sandy is dismayed. 

Trump gets endorsement of NYPD union

The Associated Press

August 14, 2020 at 6:17 p.m.

BEDMINSTER, N.J. — Seeking to amplify his law-and-order message, President Donald Trump on Friday told hundreds of New York Police Department officers that “no one will be safe in Biden’s America” if the former Democratic vice president defeats him in November.

“This guy has been taking your dignity away and your respect,”” Trump said of former Vice President Joe Biden. “And I’m telling you on Nov. 3 you’re going to be getting it back.”

Trump spoke to members of the City of New York Police Benevolent Association, the union representing some 24,000 rank-and-file officers as he steps up his attacks on Biden and his running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris. The president’s campaign is looking to raise doubts about the Biden-Harris ticket’s ability to keep the peace in the nation’s biggest metropolises. Trump was formally endorsed by the union during the event at his New Jersey golf course.

Trump is ripping a page out of Richard Nixon’s law-and-order campaign playbook from 1968 — when American streets were rife with racial protests and Nixon campaigned vowing to crack down and restore order in an appeal tailored to white voters.

At a moment when the nation has been jarred by sometimes violent protests over police brutality, Trump has repeatedly blamed big city mayors in Democratic-strongholds – including New York, Portland, Seattle, Chicago – for undermining police officers. 

“In New York, you have New York’s finest, but they’ve totally taken away their incentive,” Trump said earlier this week. “They’ve taken away their lives, in a sense, because they don’t allow them to do their job.”

PBA President Pat Lynch said the decision marked the first time he could remember his organization backing a presidential candidate. 

Many times, people say that a union like ours, law enforcement groups, give endorsements. Not in the New York City PBA, sir,” Lynch told the president. “In the New York City PBA, Mr. President, you earn the endorsement, and you’ve earned this endorsement. I’m proud to give it.”

——————

So It seems the leader of the Democratic Party not only does not like this endorsement, but wonders aloud if NYPD will become the "enforcement arms of the state" who prefer to support politicians who support, and not vilify, them. 

AOC bashes NYPD union decision to endorse Trump

August 15, 2020 01:17 PM

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is not a fan of the New York Police Department union’s endorsement of President Trump. 

The Democrat from New York said she sees a “potential problem” with police unions endorsing candidates. She made the remarks on Saturday morning, a day after the Police Benevolent Association of the City of New York took the unique move of endorsing Trump’s reelection. 

“NYPD union endorsed Trump. I’m sure this is part of their neighborhood outreach plan. Also, does anyone else see a potential problem with police unions — enforcement arms of the state with lethal weapons — promoting 'preferred' candidates for office or is that just me?” Ocasio-Cortez said. 

DA337DF6-48F7-4827-AC7E-C9DF289DADFE.jpeg.b73d2f9ebfec7067386afb5c34733672.jpeg

She is an idiot.    How can she look back at the last 90 days and honestly believe  the NYPD should stand behind ANY Democrat ?

Seeing her lose her place in congress will be sweet come November.

Yup.... that is just her.

Took a lot for the cops to support Trump. Let’s see now.....hmmmmm...... things like setting cops on fire, blinding cops, shooting cops, beating cops, harassing cops, throwing water on cops, taking away their money.

Why it is as if she didn’t realize that they even had a union.

7 mins ago, flyangler said:

Also, does anyone else see a potential problem with police unions — enforcement arms of the state with lethal weapons — promoting 'preferred' candidates for office or is that just me?” Ocasio-Cortez said. 

She a ho.

I guess all the other statist unions going for democrats never bothered her before. Now all of a sudden she a woke beatch. She woke! Niagara, please! 

4 mins ago, Fishy Fisher said:

I guess all the other statist unions going for democrats never bothered her before

I thought the same thing, but upon reflection, I dont think she is even aware.   She's really just not bright, stellar grades, HS awards, and good college notwithstanding.  

Common sense and logic just freak out the progs.

Their take: didn't you hear us tell you that he's terrible, awful, hitler, fascist, hater,racist,ugly etc etc 24/7x365. How dare you ignore our ministry of truths propaganda.

And we OWN the unions. You must be law & order Patriots or some other awful Red,White & Blue idiots.

4 mins ago, 55555s said:

stellar grades, HS awards, and good college notwithstanding.  

Those are merely diversity and participation awards. They don't mean anything. Kind of like obama being editor of Harvard law review, or winning the Nobel peace prize. 

Let's give the black guy stuff so everyone thinks he's important and smaaaaahhhhht.

Let's ignore the dumb Hispanic girl's bad grades and give her a science prize so she can get into college where someone else will ignore her bad grades because she woke!

DIE! (Diversity, Inclusivity, Equality) 

First off AOC will be elected running away.

Second, I am enjoying watching Trump just keep piling up the wins, UAE Isreal, Unemployment #s, and the baffling move of the left giving a pass to criminals may actually be too much for even the fake polls to ignore.

And Biden does nothing.  Except tell us we all need to wear a mask always,,,while not wearing a mask and forgetting if he pooped today or not.

Who the f u q can vote for terrorism in the streets .Come Nov ,the left I st pigs will all be saying it wasn't us,we weren't in power,OH YES ,THE LEFTIST HAD THE POWER TO STOP THE CARNAGE,IT'S NOT UP TO TRUMP...AS IN MAIL IN BALLOTS BOTH DEBACLES ARE BITING THE LEFTISTS P O S RIGHT WHERE IT HURTS...A O C AND THE OTHER LEFTIST STATE POLITICIANS MIGHT FIND THEMSELVES OUT OF OFFICE.   THEY WILL BE THE FIRST ONES SCREAMING VOTER FRA U D...Let the 2K20 ELECTION S H T SHOW continue

She is an idiota . Like a lot of fakers with all sorts of BS degrees , she has zero grasp of actual common sense . She didn’t realize unions back candidates ? Really ? Organizing 101. I became persona non grata in my union , a large extreamly influential construction trades union after demanding 5 cents per hr worked NOT be deducted from my earnings for the internationals PAC. “ They get us work “ no , I get my own work. The unions been good to me , I’ve earned every benefit. I’m a union man , however , I have my limits , blindly following is not my strong suit . 

I truly think the MSM is doing their party a disservice.  They have convinced the alt left that Biden is a shoe in.  Meanwhile the polls tighten even with the ****ery and Trump keeps piling up these wins.

Peace in the Middle East?  When I was growing that would have been met with Church bells.

Let the alt left snowflakes fly.  They are their own worst enemy.  

So scary smart

lol