"NYC Is Dead Forever...Here's Why"

Rate this topic

fishweewee

1 hour ago, Belmo said:

This is tangential to this, but have you seen the homeless encampments in Los Angeles? Holy ****, what a **** show! 

The plague, tuberculosis, and typhoid fever -- this is a total and complete failure of leadership, at both the local and state level. It makes me glad I got out when I did.  

I thought you never finished the trailer. 

Must be nice, 32 squat foot palace. 

America, the country so great that even its haters refuse to leave. 

Just now, Wayne Tj said:

I thought you never finished the trailer. 

Must be nice, 32 squat foot palace. 

Go stick your tongue in a 220-volt outlet. With your feet in the bathtub. :th:

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.

2 hours ago, Belmo said:

This is tangential to this, but have you seen the homeless encampments in Los Angeles? Holy ****, what a **** show! 

The plague, tuberculosis, and typhoid fever -- this is a total and complete failure of leadership, at both the local and state level. It makes me glad I got out when I did.  

Some of the reasons why (It won't pop up a vid because it doesn't link directly to a video).

(*we don’t link to channels - TimS)

There are many videos there. Here is an individual one.

I watched many of these vids because I wanted to see if they were truthful since I work in a shelter and I have heard a bunch. I find nothing false in any of these videos. They match the patterns of all the stories I've heard including the one above. I've heard many like it.  It's tough to watch. 

Edited by TimS
channel

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

6 hours ago, Wayne Tj said:

Koch maybe, but not Dinkins. 

NYC will come back to life when Cuomo gets off his duff and opens the restaurants, Broadway, and gyms. 

The governor won’t even turn on lights for 9/11. 

You can open it all but that doesn’t mean people will return, you will never ever have the same foot traffic that it once was

Welcome to the Jungle 

next will be mass transit, no income and tons of pensions to pay 

Edited by Sandflee

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

I dont go to the City enough to make a call one way or the other, but I've gone enough over the years, going back into the 70's, to know that THIS sort of thing attached below is nothing.  its always happened, and its aprt of the city, and always has been.

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 12.06.59 PM.png

11 mins ago, Sandflee said:

You can open it all but that doesn’t mean people will return, you will never ever have the same foot traffic that it once was

Welcome to the Jungle 

next will be mass transit, no income and tons of pensions to pay 

Many firms are planning to stage employees returning to the office next month. Expectations are that 60-80% will have returned by early 2021. 

America, the country so great that even its haters refuse to leave. 

43 mins ago, Wayne Tj said:

Many firms are planning to stage employees returning to the office next month. Expectations are that 60-80% will have returned by early 2021. 

Firms that’s great there will not enough regular everyday consumers to goto restaurants, pubs, gyms, clothing, sporting events, or tourism etc to keep the city and it’s businesses viable. It’s done for now and if there is a second wave it’s finished  

you have Cuomo on his hands and knees begging for people to return

Edited by Sandflee

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Perfect timing. Cloud solutions have replaced data centers. Collaborative tools such as MS Teams and Zoom have really changed the game. 

personally, I have been going to 55 Water street 3 days a week to get some normalcy. I have 2 floors to myself in downtown NYC that usually accommodates 600 employees with 35 fully connected conference rooms. It’s pretty wild having the place to myself. 

I have certainly seen an uptick in homeless people around the ferry terminal but there still plenty of workers doing their thing so it’s pretty safe right now. 

I agree 100% that real estate will take a significant hit but I will say that if NY can get Mayor DiBlasio out of the city it will be a huge factor in restoring some quality of life and safety. The guy is the biggest POS the city has ever had at the helm. 

Once Covid is behind us ( God only knows when) the city will return to some level of occupancy for big companies with long leases extending into 2030. 

there was also a big sublet market downtown but I’m guessing that will go out the window as well.  So companies will occupy as a way to justify their expense. Flex-work will likely be an option forever going forward. 

anyway, good luck to anyone moving g away from the 5 boroughs. 

Im staying 

Btw, my sister works for Chase. She’s going back late September officially. 

my company is working so well remotely that we declared January as the earliest possibility for returning to office.  

I go in regardless because they can’t officially stop you from going into an open office. I comply with everything. Return pass questionnaire every day. PPE in common areas etc...  bring a thermos of coffee and my own food from home. 

it’s a pleasure actually and makes my my time at home more enjoyable and my weekends feel more special.  

I like to work. I work hard and it’s a huge distraction from the madness that is around us everyday. 

practice what we preach is what I say.

peace  

Nyc has been sick for a long time. It's time to throw the rotten apple in the dumster where it belongs. 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

4 mins ago, Terry Mac said:

Nyc has been sick for a long time. It's time to throw the rotten apple in the dumster where it belongs. 

That's a pretty comely ape he's with ..

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

3 mins ago, Brother Brian said:

Nice structure too,,, in the water..

Agree 100%

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

2 hours ago, Brother Brian said:

Some of the reasons why (It won't pop up a vid because it doesn't link directly to a video).

(*we don’t link to channels - TimS)

There are many videos there. Here is an individual one.

I watched many of these vids because I wanted to see if they were truthful since I work in a shelter and I have heard a bunch. I find nothing false in any of these videos. They match the patterns of all the stories I've heard including the one above. I've heard many like it.  It's tough to watch. 

Holy ****, that is heartbreaking. :(

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.