55555s

Freaking vasectomy...

Rate this topic

100 posts in this topic

Wife wants me to get one.  I want to sneak one more past the goal line.   We have 2 kids and a dog .  I think an "oops" would be fun.  

She's 50.  

Of course its a personal decision, but what say you?  

Snip or shoot?

I gotta think the odds on a woman of 50 getting pregnant can't be that good.  Book the doctor's visit for 5 years from now and then you can just cancel it.

Google says....

The average age for onset of menopause is 51. The majority of women stop having periods somewhere between ages 45 to 55. The beginning stages of declining ovary function can start years before that in some women. Others will continue to have menstrual periods into their late 50s.

2 mins ago, Slacker said:

I gotta think the odds on a woman of 50 getting pregnant can't be that good.  Book the doctor's visit for 5 years from now and then you can just cancel it.

And higher risk, I would count my blessings and get another dog

Sorry who wants a twenty year old at 70? I think that ship has sailed, at least for me. Imagine trying to pay for a college education at like 68.

I would tell her, "I'd get a vasectomy, but what happens if I marry a 28 year old in a few years and she wants kids?".  50 year old wives love that kind of thing.

3 mins ago, giant basshole said:

Sorry who wants a twenty year old at 70? I think that ship has sailed, at least for me. Imagine trying to pay for a college education at like 68.

Would put a pretty good ding in an early retirement plan.  

10 mins ago, Slacker said:

She was one of those late bloomers, and is in phenomenal shape.  I am rather certain she is still putting out a ripe egg on a monthly basis.  I think I have super swimmers too.  

7 mins ago, Reel Deely said:

And higher risk, I would count my blessings and get another dog

... said my wife.

6 mins ago, Slacker said:

I would tell her, "I'd get a vasectomy, but what happens if I marry a 28 year old in a few years and she wants kids?".  50 year old wives love that kind of thing.

lol, oh, they LOVE that.   Her gyno actually told her to get me to have one, and cited that very thing.   We both laughed .